Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear insults India!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Top Gear insults India!

I was just watching news on the idiot box and came to know that Indian High Commission in UK has sent a notice to the BBC for the fact that Top Gear in its recently aired special episode on 28th December 2011 has insulted India!

For those who do not know, Top Gear is a comedy err… car show, which recently came to India to shoot a special here.

Anyone who has been following Top Gear would know what a special or for that matter, visit to another country means and that is exactly what happened, on the India Special.

The Orangutan (Jeremy Clarkson for those who do not watch the show) and team came here, made a complete fool of themselves, UK and of course India, and went back.

The real irony I guess is the fact that an Indian student had been murdered in UK in a racial crime, while another was found dead in mysterious circumstances and Indian High Commission is busy paying attention to the work of Jeremy Clarkson!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Re: Top Gear insults India!

Old news! By the way, Clarkson didnt really say anything which is not a fact! But yes, it wasnt really appropriate on a Top Gear show. And you're right, the Indian embassy should focus on Indians in UK and not what UK citizens are doing in India, thats what the Home Ministry is there for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many of us here in the UK think the bloke's a complete idiot and would rather he wasn't allowed to do anything in the name of Britain.

The fact that I effectively pay his wages just so he can make an idiot out of everyone makes me mad. I hope his days are numbered.

Please don't think that he is in any way typically British, he's not, and I feel suitably embarrassed that people may think he is.

I know the murder is touted as a hate/racial crime but there's no way I'd stray into that area of Manchester in the early hours without fearing for my life. It's a sad fact of life that there's people in many areas of the world that don't place any value on life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This whole world is RACIST! It's just not worth discussion!
    A fan of Bruce Marshall Mathers aka Slim Shady.
    facebook.com/shadyencore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YS, irony is that we can’t do much except discussions. This is not the only show or a cricket commentary there are many, Even I feel more ashamed when Indian origin comedians always talks rubbish about India.
    Regards & Wishes,

Sujit Bhati

THE LONE RIDER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    This whole world is RACIST! It's just not worth discussion!
    Sad to say-but we indian's are a majority in the tribe of racist's
    Only One Way-The Highway

Administrator
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkside_of_d_sun View Post
    Old news! By the way, Clarkson didnt really say anything which is not a fact! But yes, it wasnt really appropriate on a Top Gear show. And you're right, the Indian embassy should focus on Indians in UK and not what UK citizens are doing in India, thats what the Home Ministry is there for.
    I had seen the episode and didn't really found it to be insulting. I mean, when we laugh on the episode related to Albanian Mafia, what right do we have to stand up in arms over an episode filmed in India? If any thing, I believe the last section about the drive in Himalayas would just be an advertisement for Incredible India and more and more foreigners would love to come and see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanTragic View Post
    Many of us here in the UK think the bloke's a complete idiot and would rather he wasn't allowed to do anything in the name of Britain.

The fact that I effectively pay his wages just so he can make an idiot out of everyone makes me mad. I hope his days are numbered.

Please don't think that he is in any way typically British, he's not, and I feel suitably embarrassed that people may think he is.

I know the murder is touted as a hate/racial crime but there's no way I'd stray into that area of Manchester in the early hours without fearing for my life. It's a sad fact of life that there's people in many areas of the world that don't place any value on life.
    Come on, that guy makes a fool out of others and himself, and thats comedy, at least in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sujitbhati View Post
    YS, irony is that we can’t do much except discussions. This is not the only show or a cricket commentary there are many, Even I feel more ashamed when Indian origin comedians always talks rubbish about India.
    He made a bigger fool of himself and Britain, then he did of India!

Old school
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I didn't find the episode offensive. Mockery was more towards the boys themselves,Britan than India.
    Secondly, TG,Orangutan and co always mock and been in several controversy. BBC keeps replying back to take it in a light humorous way.

Top Gear controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dark Lord of the Sith
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Indian High Commission in UK doing what it did is symptomatic of the current government. Instead of focussing on the real issues, they spend their time on social media pre-screening content. It is mad. I would rather have the freedom that allows anyone to say anything that insults everyone than having laws that decide what I can or cannot say. By its very nature, humour is going to offend someone. If we do not get that, we really have no right calling ourselves human beings.

I love Top Gear. I have seen every episode of the new format. The three men have managed to make a car show interesting, not the dull and dreary affair we see otherwise on television. They have an audience of 250 million. Ironic, isn't it, that when the very principles of democracy state that popular opinion decides future course of action we manage to initiate action against someone purely because one man somewhere felt offended by something.

In my opinion, this getting offended business has to stop. If something offends you, do not watch it, do not read it, do not see it. Why should I stop doing what I want to do because it offends you? It greatly offends me that what I say offends you. Does that mean you should stop being offended by what I say?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

We Indians are fast becoming the most intolerant people in the world!
    A sense of humour has always been absent as has the ability to handle criticism.
    So full of ourselves and so self-righteous! Is it any wonder people are itching to do some Indo bashing?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast