10-12 day trip starting Bangalore. Suggestions needed.

vj81

Hi All,

I am planning to have a 10-12 day trip starting and ending at Bangalore around Mid-March. I would like to cover places in Karnataka and Kerala.

Please suggest places and Itineraries.

I would prefer to visit Jungles, Hill station, Back-waters and/or Tea/Coffee estates. I am planning to drive in personal vehicle and stay at each location for couple of nights. Please suggest accordingly.

Thanks in advance
VJ

dichkaun

* First time in this area or have you been to Bangalore area before?
* Are you an easy going traveler or someone who likes to covers as many places as possible?

vj81

* First time in this area or have you been to Bangalore area before?
* Are you an easy going traveler or someone who likes to covers as many places as possible?
- I have been to Mysore, Coorg (Madikeri and Kutta) and Ooty before, but that was long back (2013) and in public transport. I am sure road conditions would have changed and Public transport doesn't give one too much idea about distances and timelines.
- I would like to cover about 4-5 places at the most in 10 days (staying couple of nights at each place and explore the area) with starting and ending at Bangalore. So suggestions around kind of a round trip would be appreciated. Also, I would not want to drive for more than 200kms (3-4 hrs), when going from 1 place to another.
- I am planning to fly to Bangalore (from Delhi) and rent a self-driven car from Bangalore. If you have a suggestion about starting from a place other than Bangalore (Kochi etc), I can fly their and rent a car.

Thanks in advance.

dichkaun

This is a good relaxed plan. There is so much you can do in 10days. Here's one option:
Day 1 - Arrive in Bangalore.
Day 2 - Enjoy the city.
Day 3 - Drive to Chikmangalur. On way see Belur and Halebidu. Stay at a coffee plantation.
Day 4 - Hike in the jungles. Trek to Mullayanagiri. Offroad jeep drive to one of the many waterfalls.
Day 5 - Go to Sringeri temple and then Jog Falls. Stay at a homestay or at Honnavar/Murudeshwar
Day 6 - Enjoy the beach, Murudeshwar temple.
Day 7 - Drive South. You can choose to stay either in Mangalore or Udipi.
Day 8/9 - Explore Mangalore/Udipi. You can come towards Madikeri and stay there to make last day's drive smaller or continue staying in Mangalore which will make the last day's ride to Bangalore slightly longer but perfectly doable.
Day 10 - Back to Bangalore.
-
This is just one option. You can simply go in any direction from Bangalore and find ample things to keep you busy for a couple of weeks.

vj81

This is a good relaxed plan. There is so much you can do in 10days. Here's one option:
Day 1 - Arrive in Bangalore.
Day 2 - Enjoy the city.
Day 3 - Drive to Chikmangalur. On way see Belur and Halebidu. Stay at a coffee plantation.
Day 4 - Hike in the jungles. Trek to Mullayanagiri. Offroad jeep drive to one of the many waterfalls.
Day 5 - Go to Sringeri temple and then Jog Falls. Stay at a homestay or at Honnavar/Murudeshwar
Day 6 - Enjoy the beach, Murudeshwar temple.
Day 7 - Drive South. You can choose to stay either in Mangalore or Udipi.
Day 8/9 - Explore Mangalore/Udipi. You can come towards Madikeri and stay there to make last day's drive smaller or continue staying in Mangalore which will make the last day's ride to Bangalore slightly longer but perfectly doable.
Day 10 - Back to Bangalore.
-
This is just one option. You can simply go in any direction from Bangalore and find ample things to keep you busy for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for suggestions. I will check out the places that you have mentioned. Is there a way to include Kabini in this plan. I have heard so much about it.