15 days in december end (solo)

BCMTourer

Hello guys, I am back :)

I have about 2-3 weeks off from december 20 till jan 10. I can travel entire 3 weeks or just 10 days.

What are some good solo travel places both India and outside India? Budget is not a constraint but trip should be relaxing and satisfying. I love mountains (but not trekking), beaches and scenery. I would ideally prefer a guided / packaged trip.

Some destinations that I am thinking:
Bhutan, Spiti, Kashmir

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If you’re looking for a guided tour and don’t have any budget constraints, then my suggestion would be to head to Europe. It will give you mountains, beaches, scenery and historical architecture in one package.

Bhutan too is a good option, though flying in will be fairly expensive with only Druk Air being the only option.

Spiti and Kashmir will be fairly cold at that time and unless you’re planning to trek, there isn’t much explore there for 15 days, unless you just want to chill.

BCMTourer

If you’re looking for a guided tour and don’t have any budget constraints, then my suggestion would be to head to Europe. It will give you mountains, beaches, scenery and historical architecture in one package.

Bhutan too is a good option, though flying in will be fairly expensive with only Druk Air being the only option.

Spiti and Kashmir will be fairly cold at that time and unless you’re planning to trek, there isn’t much explore there for 15 days, unless you just want to chill.
A friend said entire Europe will be below 0 degrees during that time. Also getting visa in next 20-30 days sounds difficult. :(

PS: Return flights are costing 40k which is decent. Upper limit of budget is 1L. Do you think guided tour, food, stay for 10days will cost under 50k?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If the upper limit is 1 lakh, then it would be difficult, unless you travel on your own and extensively use hostels for stay.

South-East Asia is a good option as well, as long as you like the backpacker culture or riding around a place like Vietnam and exploring it on your own.

Otherwise, Bhutan would be a perfect fit for you and you can easily club that with Assam and make it a 15-20 day trip. Though in that case, packaged trip might be out of question.

BCMTourer

I am leaning towards Bhutan.
Since druk air is costing 40k return, I am planning more treacherous train + road journey. Can anyone guide about this route and days it will take from Delhi to to reach paro?

BCMTourer

I hear permits are required for Indians too and during lat week of December, offices which give permits are mostly closed? I am planning to fly till Bagdogra, then by road into Bhutan.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Yes, Indians require permit to enter Bhutan. You can contact the Bhutan Embassy in Delhi or the tourism department with respect to the permit offices being open in December.