2010 MotoGP Valencia Results

Discussion in 'Motorcycle News' started by Newsbot, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Sheel

Sheel Nothing

Err, isn't Motorcycle racing 80% about rider and 20% machine or even less?

Isn't Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki a team?

2. darkside_of_d_sun

darkside_of_d_sun Moderator Staff Member

I will stay off from answering that, will be totally OT here. Lets discuss this on some other thread in Off-Topic.

3. Sheel

Sheel Nothing

Feel free to answer wherever you wish to.

BTW this was/is a Moto GP thread.

4. darkside_of_d_sun

darkside_of_d_sun Moderator Staff Member

Well, let me put it that way, I am not inclined to enter a debate over my perspective of things. In an open forum, members are free to appreciate or criticize my views however I am no way bound to justify what I believe.

5. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Rossi's first day of testing wasn't all that and neither of that of Hayden, who ironically, did slightly better than Rossi!

6. Sheel

Sheel Nothing

Debate?
    I can't see a straight answer to your views. Most will say Ducati is a passionate co. on a small budget taking up the fight with biggies and stuff. (this is the best biased answer to which no one can argue)

Well, I love all manufacturers irrespective of their origination, the same would go for riders, barring few because of their personalities.* Most obvious ones are Lacey Moaner, J Lolly, Max Biaggi.

Ironic?

They are just testing components with various combos on the shelf.
    The timings are neither an indicator of a bike or rider's potential.
    You have to wait till April 2011 to see who is where.

* No matter however you race and how many wins/championships you earn, you will remain a dickhead

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  7. Yogesh Sarkar

True, but they do show, how comfortable a biker is with his bike and with that in mind, check out the day 2 of the testing in good weather, where Rossi dropped to 15th place!

To me at least, it signals that he is not really happy with the bike and setup and thus unable to pile in better lap times. Unless of course he is deliberately holding out!

8. Sheel

Sheel Nothing

Have heard that Ducati is a very hard bike to ride, Australians have had the best success rate with this firm (can only recall Troy and Lacey Moaner here) and you have to really remain committed and ride your heart out.

VR is someone who will remain competitive even if race takes place on one wheel and IMHO, I am not looking much into these test times until winter session starts.

I think, the 2011 championship fight will be between J Lolly and Lacey Moaner.
    My dark horse, My Spies.

VR can do anything, almost, but maybe these tests might be saying something. We got to wait to find out. Hope he doesn't turn out to be another MS, too much anticipation and result = dud.

I had commented few months back, that J Lo won't win any further championships, well, for start he isn't intimidated by VR nowadays and its the opposite as to what is happening. VR was always a chaser and if he chases someone even today till final 2-3 laps, chances are he might win it.

9. Yogesh Sarkar

Don't forget that when Rossi switched to Yamaha, he lost the championship in the first season!

10. Sheel

Sheel Nothing