Status
Not open for further replies.

Deven5

Himalayan Wanderer
Staying options would be very limited to homestays in Nako, Tabo and Kaza.. Please be prepared for dry/open/pit type toilets as there would be no running water. Also, if you have option of scorpio, take that. With snowchains it will be better option in case there is heavy snowfall. While it will be adventurous to go in 1.8L old wagonR, in case there is a breakdown help would be literally non existent in winters. If your better half is accompanying you then please choose a reliable vehicle.
Whatever car you take, keep it stocked with food and water and ensure to carry extra fuel as there is only one pump in spiti in Kaza and its reliability is uncertain. Carry a postpaid BSNL/MTNL number which would work in larger parts of Spiti.
Keep a few days in buffer and also keep an eye on weather.
Hi Rohit...

Just wanted to clarify that Postpaid connection of BSNL/MTNL is not necessary. Prepaid connections also work equally good.

Postpaid connections are for required for J&K and not mandatory for HP.

vchopra1978

I m a trvlr nt a tourist
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me with Sach pass status and trend of opening of pass ? Planning to do this ride in May.

Cheers :)

satyamguru

Hi Yogesh,
Can you suggest a best possible option from shimla to spiti. I have 6-7 days in my hand to cover the circuit, (total 9 days including delhi-shimla and back). I will be going with my better half. Planning to hire bike from Shimla. What will be the overall budget if I am hiring a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.