Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarun Arora

It hasn't yet opened for the season.
Yes Sir, i'm hoping it will be open by 8 or 10th of May.
I've heard that Our brave soldiers and BRO has already started clearing snow on router from 2 different locations.
Do you have any idea if that can be open by 25 of May, though i understand all depends on weather but just checking so as to plan my trip accordingly.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Yes Sir, i'm hoping it will be open by 8 or 10th of May.
I've heard that Our brave soldiers and BRO has already started clearing snow on router from 2 different locations.
Do you have any idea if that can be open by 25 of May, though i understand all depends on weather but just checking so as to plan my trip accordingly.
Clearing snow from both sides of Rohtang Pass and Baralacha La is standard operation. This year snow is less, hence it is expected to reopen in the next couple of weeks.

MohitAgarwal

Hi, I am planning to do Delhi-Srinagar- Leh-Manali drive starting around 10th June, in our own car. Family of 3. Would love to join any other groups traveling around the same time. Cheers Ajith

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hi Ajith,

I am planning the same route and was thinking of starting on 9th June on my swift. The itinerary is has not been finalized yet. The plan in pretty fluid. This is my first trip to the region and am not familiar with the roads and places. We can tag along in case we leave on the same day.

Thanks,
Mohit

Hi Yogesh,

Just wanted to know will Srinagar-Leh be ok around 15-20th May as I plan to reach Sonmarg around 18th May. Also heard about stone pelting in Srinagar, is any route where we can bypass Srinagar, as I have my daughters and wife, worried more, how safe is it to cross that region. Please advise. Thanks always for your help.

Regards,
Alok

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi Yogesh,

Just wanted to know will Srinagar-Leh be ok around 15-20th May as I plan to reach Sonmarg around 18th May. Also heard about stone pelting in Srinagar, is any route where we can bypass Srinagar, as I have my daughters and wife, worried more, how safe is it to cross that region. Please advise. Thanks always for your help.

Regards,
Alok
The route should be fine, unless a western-disturbance brings in rain and snow. As for situation in Kashmir, it changes daily. PM is supposed to visit Kashmir this month, if your plan happens to be around his visit, then either prepone or postpone or take the Manali route (if it reopens).

Otherwise spend the night in Srinagar (Boulevard Road is generally immune from such antics) next day start around 6 am to clear all the trouble spots before the time protesters hit the road.

There are choke points on the road to Sonamarg as well, so bypassing Srinagar wouldn't solve your trouble all that much.

The route should be fine, unless a western-disturbance brings in rain and snow. As for situation in Kashmir, it changes daily. PM is supposed to visit Kashmir this month, if your plan happens to be around his visit, then either prepone or postpone or take the Manali route (if it reopens).

Otherwise spend the night in Srinagar (Boulevard Road is generally immune from such antics) next day start around 6 am to clear all the trouble spots before the time protesters hit the road.

There are choke points on the road to Sonamarg as well, so bypassing Srinagar wouldn't solve your trouble all that much.
Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your great help as you always do. I have holidays from 15thMay to 30th May, so cannot postpone or prepone it. If there is PM visit, then may be have to visit Manali and be back. I hope Manali-Leh opens, so can visit Leh or have to cancel Leh. Lets see what are dates for PM's vsit. Otherwise will do as you guided leave at 5-6AM for Sonmarg and Kargil to avoid protesters. I dont think after Sonmarg there is s any problem. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Alok

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your great help as you always do. I have holidays from 15thMay to 30th May, so cannot postpone or prepone it. If there is PM visit, then may be have to visit Manali and be back. I hope Manali-Leh opens, so can visit Leh or have to cancel Leh. Lets see what are dates for PM's vsit. Otherwise will do as you guided leave at 5-6AM for Sonmarg and Kargil to avoid protesters. I dont think after Sonmarg there is s any problem. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Alok
Once you cross Kangan, you should be fine. That is a major bottleneck in times of protests. Fact is, most large towns around Srinagar have this issue and hence I wouldn't feel confident taking a detour or a bypass during protests, since it is less likely to have heavy security force presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.