Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayank Tyagi

The road is mostly good, barring Zoji La. You won't find snow on the road now.

No need for any permit to reach Leh, unless you're taking the Batalik route, in which case you need permit from the Kargil DC.
Hi Yogesh,
One more question, if we will come back from the Manali side then hows the road condition.
I heard the condition of road is very bad.

Thank you

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi Yogesh,
One more question, if we will come back from the Manali side then hows the road condition.
I heard the condition of road is very bad.

Thank you
Road is a lot rougher on the Leh - Manali Highway. However, it is bad in patches, so it isn't like the entire route is bad, just that parts of it are.

PipeDreamer

This is the 2018 road status thread for Srinagar – Leh Highway, featuring the date of opening of the road as well as the latest road conditions, regularly updated by the travelers.

Srinagar - Leh Road Status: Open

Update, 6th April 2018: Srinagar - Leh Highway has been officially reopened for the season.
Hi. Can anyone revert with the actual status of leh to delhi via shrinagar..m at leh.. planning to leave fr delhi in next 2 days.. is it safe to go through srinagar..

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi. Can anyone revert with the actual status of leh to delhi via shrinagar..m at leh.. planning to leave fr delhi in next 2 days.. is it safe to go through srinagar..
As of now, yes. Make sure to only travel during the day (start early in the morning) and avoid trying to push through a protesting crowd.

Snehal D

Is Srinagar- Leh Highway open? Got to know that it was closed for some time in last week. Are there any issues observed in recent time ? I am traveling to Leh via Srinagar on 10th July.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Is Srinagar- Leh Highway open? Got to know that it was closed for some time in last week. Are there any issues observed in recent time ? I am traveling to Leh via Srinagar on 10th July.
It is open. However, it is monsoon season, so landslides are frequent and can cause the highway to shut down temporarily. Yesterday evening there was a landslide which blocked the road, today morning it was cleared.

tarunrajsharma

Cowboy Dreamz
Riding to Leh from Delhi this 23Aug-09Sep on bike with a pillion, ascend through Srinagar, descent through Manali. Starting from Delhi on 23rd.
Well versed with Leh-Manali route.
Kindly advise ride stops from Delhi till Leh via Srinagar.

I have my first stop planned at Pathankot. Not sure how to progress from there and manage night stay which town/location. Kindly advise.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Better bet would be to stay at Jammu or Udhampur, since it will give you more time next day to cover Jammu - Srinagar stretch, which can be quite time consuming. So in my view, stops ought to be; Jammu, Srinagar, Kargil and then Leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.