ayushg11

New Member
I am planning a trip from Delhi-Narkanda-Kaza-Manali-Delhi over the Independence Day week (10 Aug-18 Aug) in XUV500 (non 4x4). Can anyone suggest what is the chance that it will be raining at that time? I want to avoid doing the trip during rains, considering road conditions on both sides (Tabo to Kaza as well as Batal to Grampho). Please advise. Suggestions welcome.
 

vj81

Active Member
FYI...
Bus Service between Chamba and Killar via Sach Pass will start around 15th July (Date not confirmed yet). Source: HRTC Chamba

Although, shared Jeeps are running. Source: Hotel Chamunda, Bairagarh
 

samrohi

New Member
Would you recommend a trip to Spiti from Shimla route now? I am skeptical since monsoons are knocking at the door now! I was thinking to leave tomorrow early morning. This is the itinerary in mind - Panchkula>Sarahan>Tabo>Kaza (3 days)
 

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Would you recommend a trip to Spiti from Shimla route now? I am skeptical since monsoons are knocking at the door now! I was thinking to leave tomorrow early morning. This is the itinerary in mind - Panchkula>Sarahan>Tabo>Kaza (3 days)
Hope you have buffer time for return journey, in case a landslide delays you. Apart from that, enjoy your trip and have fun.
 

samrohi

New Member
Hope you have buffer time for return journey, in case a landslide delays you. Apart from that, enjoy your trip and have fun.
Thank you so much for the prompt reply Yogesh! My dates delayed because I wasn't sure if my Rynox Drystack would hold up without a saddle stay. I own a Karizma R. Having tried everywhere in Chandigarh/Panchkula I am going ahead with just bungee cords. Cheers!
 

srikiran2006

New Member
I'm still in two minds if I should really go ahead with the trip since monsoons have started. Not really convinced to back out since my fights are already booked. And I'll be riding solo from Chandigarh on 13th July taking the Shimla-Kaza-Manali route. Suggest me guys if I should go ahead or avoid. Thanks!
 

samrohi

New Member
I'm still in two minds if I should really go ahead with the trip since monsoons have started. Not really convinced to back out since my fights are already booked. And I'll be riding solo from Chandigarh on 13th July taking the Shimla-Kaza-Manali route. Suggest me guys if I should go ahead or avoid. Thanks!
I started off today morning at 10 from Panchkula. Reached Rampur Bushahr at 7. There were light showers around Shimla and Narkanda. I would say since the monsoons have just begun,it's manageable within this week. Though your dates may not be the ideal choice. Have a weather check before setting off. Will try update as I move further. BTW I am staying at Bushehar Regency, very affordable and good food. Ask for Mr. Ashok herr, he's the manager. Courteous person.
 
Top