Soubhagya Saha

I have planned my spiti trip and we would be reaching manali from kaza on 1st june.
It would of great help if you tell me about the condition of Kunzum pass at that time and if the roads would be cleared.
Thanks in advance.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I have planned my spiti trip and we would be reaching manali from kaza on 1st june.
It would of great help if you tell me about the condition of Kunzum pass at that time and if the roads would be cleared.
Thanks in advance.
It may or may not be open. There is no hard date for the opening of the road. Everything comes down to weather and difficulty BRO has to face, in order to clean the route.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Rohtang is expected to reopen in a day or two for light vehicles. However, it would only be for emergency vehicles and those from Lahaul. It is expected to reopen for tourist traffic around third week of May.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
How is Shimla-Kaza route these days? Any difficulties crossing Malling Nala?
There are several bad sections before Malling Nallah and Malling is always temperamental. Having said that, if the weather is fine on your travel dates, then there should not be any major issue.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Rohtang Pass has been reopened for light vehicles belonging to residents of Lahaul and other essential vehicles. The pass would reopen for tourists after a few more days.