2019 Manali-Leh Road Status

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Is this notice applicable to private white number plate cars too? I am planning my trip from 13th june onwards via manali leh route.
View attachment 767226
This should apply to private vehicles as well.

This has come into force, thanks to people who are unable to get permit for Rohtang Pass, get the beyond Rohtang Pass permit and come back from Rohtang Pass, in violation of the permit rule.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
The Manali – Leh Highway has finally opened for the season.

Those planning to travel on it in the coming days are advised to keep ample food and water with them, in anticipation of jams likely to occur at narrow parts of the passes. Furthermore, road condition will be poor with snow and water on the road, during the initial couple of weeks.

Gurpreet1291

Wanderer!!!
This should apply to private vehicles as well.

This has come into force, thanks to people who are unable to get permit for Rohtang Pass, get the beyond Rohtang Pass permit and come back from Rohtang Pass, in violation of the permit rule.
Thanks for the information. Now additional bucks to be paid to the agent goons for getting bookings.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Thanks for the information. Now additional bucks to be paid to the agent goons for getting bookings.
No. You can do it yourself. As per my understand, the booking agent for the room has to be authorized by the hotel owner to book rooms at their hotels. Otherwise travel agents will start giving fake booking receipts.

Hareet

How to apply for online permit? Website is showing "Either Window for Applying Permit is Closed or Quota Finished".