2019 Manali-Leh Road Status

tomraven99

Duster AWD is wonderful and have amazing capabilities. It can handle this route easily. Thanks for all the details, enough to boost confidence. Now I am getting tempted to accompany them up to Sarchu. I think a day trip from Jispa to Sarchu ( i.e. Jispa-Sarchu-Jispa ) should not be a problem. Am I missing something ? Can you please give some details about tented accommodations in Sarchu this year. Any mad rush ? Hope not asking too much. My best wishes are with you, enjoy your journey.
Sorry for late reply. No internet in remote places of Ladakh. Yes Jispa to sachu is easily doable in a day. Lots of tents. However go only after having diamox and acclimatization as Sarchu is at a high altitude compared to Jispa.

tomraven99

Ambala to Manali.. Swargat section is okay except for huge truck traffic. Road widening for long sections around before Mandi. Huge amounts of Dust.
Rest of the road is very good till manali.

Leh-Nubra-Turtuk-Very good..Road widening going on at K top. Howover no slush/GC issues. Tyashi village checkpost has been closed so you will not be able to go till LOC
Nubra-Agham-Shyok-Pangong..Good surface except for few water crossings
Pangong-chushul-Loma..No roads,sand and rocks for majority of section. Will test your suspension
Loma to Hanle-Excellent roads
Loma to mahe bridge- Road widening going on. Lots of unpaved roads.
Mahe bridge to More plains via Tso Kar- Gravel track for majority of section upto Tso Kar. Do not attempt to take short cuts near the pass or near the lake. A lorry got badly stuck in the sand.

adsatinder

explorer
Karnal Jam NH44 ( NH1-old name)
Highway jammed as of now in Karnal on NH1 to protest against Delhi Valmiki temple case
Plan accordingly

Karnal Breaking News was live — in CM City Karnal.
1 hr ·
Live - देखें - Ravidas Mandir Protest Highway Jaam - करनाल नेशनल हाइवे किया जाम - हज़ारों प्रदर्शनकारी पहुँचे नेशनल हाईवे पर - पूरा हाईवे जाम - Share Video
दिल्ली में रविदास मंदिर तोड़े जाने के विरोध में करनाल में सड़कों पर उतरे बड़ी संख्या में लोग - चप्पे चप्पे पर पुलिस तैनात - देखें Live - Share Video

adsatinder

explorer
Punjab Bandh on 13 August 2019
Karnal also Jam on NH44 (NH1- old name)

If coming from Swarghat to Delhi or vice versa take this route :

Swarghat >> Nalagarh >> Baddi >> Pinjore >> Naraingarh >> Yamuna Nagar >> Saharanpur >> Shamli >> Samalkha >> Delhi.

Or

Bilaspur >> Dharampur >> Pinjore >> Naraingarh >> Yamuna Nagar >> Saharanpur >> Shamli >> Samalkha >> Delhi.

Roads may be damaged at places.
These are interior roads.

But this can be safer like any other interior route in daytime only.

Emergency Route Google Maps Link :
Bilaspur to Mukarba Chowk

yashasviloves

Guys I am Planning for Ladakh trip by Car from Pune.
The route we planned, Pune - Delhi - Manali - Rohtang - Leh - Ladakh - Kargil - Srinagar - Amritsar - Agra - Pune.

I need your opinion will it be good to travel on 25th of Aug and above as we are leaving from Pune on 24th Aug.
Will Kashmir Issues effect to leave from Leh to Srinagar in next to next week ?
Will it be ok to travel from Jammu to Amritsar in 1st week of Sep.

Kindly need your opinion guys.

takeMeHome

Guys I am Planning for Ladakh trip by Car from Pune.
The route we planned, Pune - Delhi - Manali - Rohtang - Leh - Ladakh - Kargil - Srinagar - Amritsar - Agra - Pune.

I need your opinion will it be good to travel on 25th of Aug and above as we are leaving from Pune on 24th Aug.
Will Kashmir Issues effect to leave from Leh to Srinagar in next to next week ?
Will it be ok to travel from Jammu to Amritsar in 1st week of Sep.

Kindly need your opinion guys.
I think and I pray to God it will be all okay there for you guys at least. We are going to ladakh in next week and we're definitely gonna miss Kashmir. But always have a back up plan just in case.

Luvk

Me and the wife are starting our drive in an i20 from Chandigarh tomorrow morning. Hoping we get some sun!!

yashasviloves

I think and I pray to God it will be all okay there for you guys at least. We are going to ladakh in next week and we're definitely gonna miss Kashmir. But always have a back up plan just in case.

Thank You, Will you please keep posted here if possible that will better for us to change or update something.