2019 Manali-Leh Road Status

rameshtahlan

Super User
WEATHER UPDATE for 30 Apr and 01 May
01 May 2019 Th.jpg

And i though last of the WDs that bring snowfall have gone,
but here it comes again.
Zoji La and Rohtang headed for some more snow.

Last edited:

Cookie

Travel Enthusiast
Any update when Manali-Leh Highway is likely to open this season? Any chance by Mid-May 2019?

adsatinder

explorer
May be after 2nd week of May anytime,
when they will open Rohtang.
But it will not be a stable road.
It will be risky only.
They allow only Locals first to pass.

First Post of this thread suggesting:
Manali – Leh Highway: Currently closed, expected to reopen in the first week of June.

hemal12

H
I am also planning a trip however in first week of June. In case of kids, if they are physically fit then no issues.
Hi All,

Any idea on Leh-Manali highway opening date.
Also i believe road from Udhampur to Srinagar is closed on a certain day for convoys to pass. Any idea on what day is the road closed.

I am planning to do Srinagar(reaching on 21st)-Leh-Manali(planning to reach Manali on 28). Are 7-8 day enough to complete the circuit and what itinerary would you suggest. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and help.

parcha

H

Hi All,

Also i believe road from Udhampur to Srinagar is closed on a certain day for convoys to pass. Any idea on what day is the road closed.

I am planning to do Srinagar(reaching on 21st)-Leh-Manali(planning to reach Manali on 28). Are 7-8 day enough to complete the circuit and what itinerary would you suggest. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and help.
I am planning during 16th to 21st May with family (2 children) form Manali - Leh, is it open for travellers? i heard there is tunnel road reducing the distance too, can any one knows please suggest quickly....and about stay at which locations in leh in general

Anil Kundu

I am planning during 16th to 21st May with family (2 children) form Manali - Leh, is it open for travellers? i heard there is tunnel road reducing the distance too, can any one knows please suggest quickly....and about stay at which locations in leh in general
Looks diffcult as pass is not open. Tourist traffic is not allowed till now so point in reducing distance.

Anil Kundu

H

Hi All,

Yogesh and Many old members have shared many fantastic itinerary for this whole area. Go through same it will help a lot.