2019 Manali-Leh Road Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ummed Singh

Delhi Srinagar Leh roads are in a lot better condition as compared to Manali Leh road simply because Srinagar route is used by the armed forces on a daily basis and is used to transport defense equipment and other supplies every day whereas Manali road is mainly used by tourists and locals. I have been to Leh both ways and find that Manali route is more scenic and I did not find much traffic on that route whereas Srinagar route is normally busy.

Now Road is open to travel to this road

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
BRO has managed to reach Rohtang Pass with their snow clearing equipment. However, it would be a while before the pass is open for tourists. Moreover, Manali - Leh Highway is unlikely to reopen before last week of May or first week of June. Since the road to Baralacha La would need to be reopened as well.

parcha

Delhi Srinagar Leh roads are in a lot better condition as compared to Manali Leh road simply because Srinagar route is used by the armed forces on a daily basis and is used to transport defense equipment and other supplies every day whereas Manali road is mainly used by tourists and locals. I have been to Leh both ways and find that Manali route is more scenic and I did not find much traffic on that route whereas Srinagar route is normally busy.

Now Road is open to travel to this road
thank you, you have mentioned last line "Now Road is open to travel to this road" - is this manali - leh road?

parcha

BRO has managed to reach Rohtang Pass with their snow clearing equipment. However, it would be a while before the pass is open for tourists. Moreover, Manali - Leh Highway is unlikely to reopen before last week of May or first week of June. Since the road to Baralacha La would need to be reopened as well.
Hi Mr. Yogesh, can you please recheck, because there is one message just before your message... by Mr.Unnmed singh says " road is open" and i am trying to understand which one.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Hi Mr. Yogesh, can you please recheck, because there is one message just before your message... by Mr.Unnmed singh says " road is open" and i am trying to understand which one.
He must be talking about Srinagar - Leh Highway. Manali - Leh Highway never opens this early in the season and this year the snowfall has been quite a lot.

parcha

He must be talking about Srinagar - Leh Highway. Manali - Leh Highway never opens this early in the season and this year the snowfall has been quite a lot.
Availability status for 11/05/2019
Fuel typeDaily QuotaPermits IssuedPermits LeftRequests Under Process
Diesel40040000
Petrol80080000
i have checked the online pass system where it has shown the above but application disabled showing "Either Window for Applying Permit is Closed or Quota Finished "..... how could they issued permits if closed or the window appears to be same always during road closed duration.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Availability status for 11/05/2019
Fuel typeDaily QuotaPermits IssuedPermits LeftRequests Under Process
Diesel40040000
Petrol80080000
i have checked the online pass system where it has shown the above but application disabled showing "Either Window for Applying Permit is Closed or Quota Finished "..... how could they issued permits if closed or the window appears to be same always during road closed duration.
No permit is available, because permit is not being issued. They do not take down the site, when it is off-season. Rest you can call the DM Office in Manali and check for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.