2019 Manali-Leh Road Status

Dr. Rajesh dhayal

You can find all the information you need on the road status and opening dates of the Manali – Leh Highway in 2019. So make sure to subscribe to this thread for all the updates.

Manali – Leh Highway: Currently closed, expected to reopen in the first week of June.
We are planning a self drive road trip by scorpio to leh via srinagar route on 28 may and return back via manali on 6 or 7 or 8 June..are there any chances to open leh manali highway till 3 or 4 June???

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Rohtang Pass has been reopened for light vehicles belonging to residents of Lahaul and other essential vehicles. The pass would reopen for tourists after a few more days.

nitin_khurana_15

Rohtang Pass has been reopened for light vehicles belonging to residents of Lahaul and other essential vehicles. The pass would reopen for tourists after a few more days.
Hi Yogesh, I am planning a road trip to leh starting 5th June from Delhi - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Tso Morriri - Sarchu - Manali - Delhi, we would be hitting the leh Manali highway on 10th and 11th June, would the road be open by then?

adsatinder

explorer
Himachal

Relief for Lahaul-Spiti residents as Rohtang Pass reopens
Posted at: May 19, 2019, 9:55 AM
Last updated: May 19, 2019, 10:24 AM (IST)

1558275818939.png

A snow-clearing operation in progress on the Manali-Keylong highway. Tribune photo

Dipender Manta
Tribune News Service
Mandi, May 19

The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) restored the 13,050-foot high Rohtang Pass, the gateway to Lahaul on the Manali-Leh highway, for vehicular movement on Sunday morning.
Residents of tribal district Lahaul-Spiti heaved a sigh of relief with the opening of the pass.
Every year Rohtang receives heavy snowfall, which cuts off the residents from the rest of the state for several months. The closure of the pass leaves them with no road connectivity and telecommunication services.
A majority of the residents move to Kullu-Manali during the winter. Today voters will be allowed to move towards Lahaul-Spiti from Kullu-Manali to exercise their franchise in the General Election.
Every year in the month of March, the BRO starts snow-clearing operation from the Manali and Lahaul sides towards Rohtang to restore the pass for vehicular activity. Generally, the pass is restored in the end of April or mid-May every year, depending on the quantity of snowfall in the region.
The Rohtang Pass is a favourite tourist destination, where tourist can enjoy snow activity even till the end of June. Every year, a large number of tourists visit Rohtang to enjoy snow activities. Till now the tourist were allowed up to Marhi.
“With the relentless efforts of the BRO team, we have been able to restore the pass in stipulated time. There were lot of challenges to restore the pass in such a short period because as we faced snow avalanche threat, land sliding and bad weather conditions in the region,” a BRO official said
“This year the amount of snowfall was quite heavy in the region, which was a big challenge for us. However, we met the May 19 target and restored the pass successfully,” he said.
Hoteliers of Kullu and Manali are also elated with the opening of the pass. They are hopeful that the district administration will allow tourists up to Rohtang in coming days.

Relief for Lahaul-Spiti residents as Rohtang Pass reopens

Last edited:

arora_bharat

I am planning to take my Tata Tiago to leh via manali on 24th June, 2019. Wanted to know from the experience of members, weather i will be safely able to take this hatchback
from this route.

adsatinder

explorer
I am planning to take my Tata Tiago to leh via manali on 24th June, 2019. Wanted to know from the experience of members, weather i will be safely able to take this hatchback
from this route.
Don't worry.
Just go.
Nano has done this.

Just be careful at water streams with stones in it.
Slush also have unseen stones etc.