2019 Srinagar–Leh Road Status

highflier

Guys, If you are planning to visit Leh via Srinagar, keep a buffer of at least one day due to Ongoing Amaranth Yatra.

Secondly, Airtel postpaid has been working quite well till Saspol, 60 kms before Leh.

Happy Travelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjnegi

Anyone Travelling from Jammu to LEh Via Srinagar or even Srinagar. Please beware that there are restrictions on the road right from Nagrota till one is in Kashmir. I travelled on 31st of July from Jammu to Srinagar. I had read the update of the J&K Police twitter and Facebook, which said LMV's and HMV's allowed bothways. After travelling about 50Kms from Jammu, I was not allowed to move forward because of being a non kashmiri. Only Kashmiri resident were allowed to pass. The reason was weird. First was to avoid Yataris from taking the route, second Tourist/Non J&K resident were not safe on this route. I had to get back to NH1 via Katra-Udhampur and managed to reach Ramban via new tunnel. Took me over 6 hours after going through Kms of traffic Jam (cos of Landslide site). Was not allowed to cross over Ramban because of the cutoff timing. I had official work and govt. papers to prove I was not a tourist or a yatri so was allowed to go but was sent back to Banihal after crossing the Jawahar Tunnel at night. Reason being I was not local Kashmiri. Next morning Right through till Gandarbal I was told to return back for not being local resident. Thankfully, my paper work helped me getting access to the highway and move along. It is very exhaustive and really frustrating to be in this situation where you have spent so much money, time and planing for the trip like this. So please take caution. There is a new advisory from State Secretary not to travel to Kashmir for security reasons till 15th August. Please take Manali route, which is bit tough and longer than Jammu/Srinagar/Leh.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

adsatinder

explorer

All are informed don’t take Srinagar route as of now , till further notice.
SItuation in Srinagar Valley is tense.

Heavy Security is deployed.

All Amarnath Yatris are ordered to go out of valley.

Hotels etc are asked to not taking any further booking.

All Tourists have to reach Srinagar in morning for leaving valley.

adsatinder

explorer
J&K govt to Amarnath Yatris: Cut down stay, return as soon as possible

02 Aug 2019, 08:58PM IST|
Views
175 ViewsSource: Times Now

In a message, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday asked Amarnath Yatris and tourists to immediately make necessary arrangements to cut short their stay in the Valley and return as soon as possible in the wake of intelligence inputs of "specific terror threats" to the pilgrimage. The Principal Secretary (Home) issued a security advisory, saying pilgrims and tourists "may curtail their stay" and "return as soon as possible". "Keeping in view the latest intelligence inputs of terror threats, with specific targeting of the Amarnath Yatra, and given the prevailing security situation in the Kashmir Valley, in the interest of safety and security of the tourists and Amarnath Yatris, it is advised that they may curtail their stay in the Valley immediately and take necessary measures to return as soon as possible," it said.

J&K govt to Amarnath Yatris: Cut down stay, return as soon as possible | News - Times of India Videos

Immediately cut down stay, return as soon as possible: J&K govt to tourists, Amarnath Yatris - Times of India ►

adsatinder

explorer
Immediately Cut Down Stay | Return as Soon as Possible | J&K Govt to Tourists, Amarnath Yatris

ETV Telangana

Published on Aug 2, 2019

SUBSCRIBE 488K
Immediately Cut Down Stay | Return as Soon as Possible | J&K Govt to Tourists, Amarnath Yatris

adsatinder

explorer
Amarnath Yatra Pilgrims, Tourists Asked To Leave J&K Amid Security Threat

NDTV

Published on Aug 2, 2019

SUBSCRIBE 5M
Amarnath Yatra pilgrims and tourists have been asked by the Jammu and Kashmir government to "immediately" cut short their stay in the Kashmir Valley and go back, in an unprecedented advisory amid intelligence inputs of terror threats. Pilgrims and tourists have never before been urged to leave Kashmir, which has seen a massive build-up of troops over the past week.

adsatinder

explorer
Amarnath Yatra: Immediately cut down stay, return as soon as possible, says JK Govt to tourists

Gulistan news

Published on Aug 2, 2019

SUBSCRIBE 214K
#BigBreaking : Amarnath Yatra: Immediately cut down stay, return as soon as possible, says JK Govt to tourists

adsatinder

explorer
Immediately cut down stay, return as soon as possible: JK Govt to tourists, Amarnath Yatris
The Principal Secretary (Home) issued a security advisory, saying pilgrims and tourists "may curtail their stay" and "return as soon as possible".

1564771882201.png

Also Read | Truck, auto-rickshaw set ablaze in Srinagar

The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday asked Amarnath Yatris and tourists to immediately make necessary arrangements to cut short their stay in the Valley and return as soon as possible in the wake of intelligence inputs of “specific threats” to the pilgrimage.

The Principal Secretary (Home) issued a security advisory, saying pilgrims and tourists “may curtail their stay” and “return as soon as possible”.

Immediately cut down stay, return as soon as possible: JK Govt to tourists, Amarnath Yatris | Greater Kashmir