2019 Srinagar–Leh Road Status

chiragv

REBEL
Tks YS and Devendar

Ya, I realised after posting that renting at Manali would make no sense.

As it stands, thinking of arranging for another bike from a friend, load it in train to Chandigarh and do Spiti instead. Reach Keylong/Gramphu/Manali and then take a call whether to return or push towards Leh (if no issues there)

Srinagar bike I can't do anything apart from keep calling GATI call center and ask them to keep it safe and kick it back here to Bangalore when possible. Have asked the Jammu guys also to pass on the message if they can.
Other Bike reached Jammu a few hours back and hopefully they can transfer it to CDG for me.

Yaar! have waited too many yrs for this one now to cancel. Wanna atleast do Spiti. So near yet so far!.. agonising. Besides, if not now it will be a wait of one full year

adsatinder

explorer
But thanks again guys, getting opinions views helps
@ Devender Bijania talked today with a Leh Resident.
He said all is ok in Ladakh till now.
Rest
only time will tell.

It is good that you changed your Plan to Spiti Ride.
You can hire Bike from Manali or Shimla easily for Spiti Ride.

adsatinder

explorer
Ya, I realised after posting that renting at Manali would make no sense.
Good

As it stands, thinking of arranging for another bike from a friend, load it in train to Chandigarh and do Spiti instead. Reach Keylong/Gramphu/Manali and then take a call whether to return or push towards Leh (if no issues there)
In Ladakh also you can't use other's bike.
Vehicle should be in your name only.
Brother / Father may be allowed if proper document proof you can present with smile on Checkposts of Taxi Union.
However you can reach Leh and come back via Leh - Manali easily.
But can't cover Nubra Valley side and Pangong Lake side.

Srinagar bike I can't do anything apart from keep calling GATI call center and ask them to keep it safe and kick it back here to Bangalore when possible. Have asked the Jammu guys also to pass on the message if they can.
Other Bike reached Jammu a few hours back and hopefully they can transfer it to CDG for me.
Good, if they are do so in time.

Yaar! have waited too many yrs for this one now to cancel. Wanna atleast do Spiti. So near yet so far!.. agonising. Besides, if not now it will be a wait of one full year
This is major Disappointment for people from different pats of the country and abroad too.
All are surprised with the developments taking place one by one.
may people wait for years and prepare for the right time.
And
Man Proposes !
God Disposes !

chiragv

REBEL
Thanks Satinder.. sorry I misread you as Devender (and tks to him as well)

Bike is from my cousin, have asked him to prepare NOC.. anyway if they won't allow me.. atleast I do Spiti and Manali-Leh-Manali, rather than sit regretfully and me miserable at my work desk.

adsatinder

explorer
Thanks Satinder.. sorry I misread you as Devender (and tks to him as well)

Bike is from my cousin, have asked him to prepare NOC.. anyway if they won't allow me.. atleast I do Spiti and Manali-Leh-Manali, rather than sit regretfully and me miserable at my work desk.
Actually
Devender is a BCMTian who gave some inputs.
YS also gave his opinion on the developments.
On base of these BCMTians only,
I am able to give you some inputs.
Rest other experienced persons can give better suggestions.
Most Experienced Persons are not in favour of going to Kashmir side.
They are also advising to avoid Ladakh till situation gets clear.

Decision is Yours.

adsatinder

explorer
Hoping Leh and Kargil have welcomed the news and all is well there.
Are Taxi operators in Leh able to take Mobile calls now.

Btw is Kargil peaceful?
It was peaceful yesterday.
But Ladakh wanted Legislative Assembly.
Let us see what happens in coming days.
Leh Mobile Network is working already uninterrupted.

citymonk

Super User
But Ladakh wanted Legislative Assembly.
That depends on what definition of Ladakh means. If common man then hardly any body cares about such things and if MLAs, both existing and potential ones then they certainly will want their privileges back.

What about Kargil ? Both Commoners and Political class.

chiragv

REBEL
Tks all,

Managed to get one bike kicked back to Chandigarh and gonna start on Saturday towards Spiti first and Ladakh later.. (if all remains well)
Other bike still stuck in Srinagar with no communication.

Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it