2020 Vijaywada - Bhadrachalam - Malkangiri road status

Tilak Francis

Dear Friends,
I am riding to Lamtaput, Koraput district Odisha from Vellore, Tamilnadu in the 4th week of November. I am ok with coming up to Vijayawada from Vellore.
From Vijayawada, I am taking the road to Mylavaram, Kothagudem, Bhadrachalam, Chintturu, entering Odisha at Motu, passing via Kalimela, Malkangiri, Boipariguada, Kotta junction, and reaching Lamtaput. I have no idea about this stretch and all I see on the internet is that it is the red corridor of India. Please share your experience if you had taken this route partly or whole.

Vijayawada to Asha Kiran Hospital
Thank you

mahapatra.prabhanjan

Dear Friends,
I am riding to Lamtaput, Koraput district Odisha from Vellore, Tamilnadu in the 4th week of November. I am ok with coming up to Vijayawada from Vellore.
From Vijayawada, I am taking the road to Mylavaram, Kothagudem, Bhadrachalam, Chintturu, entering Odisha at Motu, passing via Kalimela, Malkangiri, Boipariguada, Kotta junction, and reaching Lamtaput. I have no idea about this stretch and all I see on the internet is that it is the red corridor of India. Please share your experience if you had taken this route partly or whole.

Vijayawada to Asha Kiran Hospital
Thank you
Recently one of my friend drove from Bangalore to Sambalpur via this route and as per his inputs roads are in good shape. Although it’s not 4 lane broad highways but Tarmac is damn good.

It’s a very scenic highway crossing through the jungles and eastern mountain ranges of India.

He reached Odisha border by 6:00 Am and drove straight to Sambalpur crossing Malkangiri and bhawanipatna Balangir to Sambalpur.

You will enjoy the highway.
Preferred to drive the stretch during day times to enjoy the scenic beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tilak Francis

Recently one of my friend drove from Bangalore to Sambalpur via this route and as per his inputs roads are in good shape. Although it’s not 4 lane broad highways but Tarmac is damn good.

It’s a very scenic highway crossing through the jungles and eastern mountain ranges of India.

He reached Odisha border by 6:00 Am and drove straight to Sambalpur crossing Malkangiri and bhawanipatna Balangir to Sambalpur.

You will enjoy the highway.
Preferred to drive the stretch during day times to enjoy the scenic beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Prabhanjan for your valuable inputs. yes, I am planning to ride in the day time.