3G Mobile Services Launched in India

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
turbohead ji, broadband and dolphin are two different beasts. I can thoroughly vouch for the arbit/sorta painful/erratic dolphin coverage for many years
Agreed that, also in sync with you that dolphin/trump mobile service stands nowhere in comparison to Airtel/Vodafone etc.

saajan_20

The MTNL being Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited and BSNL Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited have every kind of gadget and gizmo readily available which private companies can dream and think of !! AS someone already pointed out about if going through the auction route it would take another year s time to launch the 3G services which is very true !! The advantage which these government owned companies have is they can have a cell site almost everywhere be it a postal office or a government hospital they can alway s have a cell site free of cost (obviously it would cost them for the equipment) the space availabilty is no issue at all . I was at pang HOTEL IBEX in 2007 sept everything and everybody was frozen (almost) but my net connectivty on my handset with postpaid dolphin connection, was nt an issue at all !!! NOW even i am using mtnl mumbai s broadband which goes by the name TRIBAND the day of it s connection and till date almost 3 yr s never had to go back for any complain s or such !! Yes but getting the connection was a wait period of 3 -5 mth s which was done within 5 day s and that s anybody s guess how it was done !! The only sad part about them is they cant get over the babudom .

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Oh man, that was hilarious, Sam did it again and I missed that blog before.. BTW we had similar experience at home, got a bill from BSNL for Rs. 10,000 once while the phone didn't even had STD facility. Dad has to go to their office and get it corrected.
Dude, you were still lucky that it was BSNL, as I know couple of people in Delhi and Gurgaon, who received bills in tune of lacs (Airtel connection) and still not reversed. The matter is in court now ;)