45 Degrees to Zero Degrees- The most awaited journey

Welcome to Leh !

How is the weather ?
How much snow was on the way ?
On the Passes, how much snow was there ?
Any delay ?
The sun is out in Leh. Not much of cold

Namik La has a little snow on roads while FotuLa is almost dry with very less snow on the roadside.

The roads from Kargil to Leh are a treat with no jams at all.

Will be hiring bikes today and will visit KhardungLa Hunder and Pangong. Staying at Hunder for one night and Pangong the other night.
Have already booked 2 rooms offline via calling Organic Boutique Home stay at Hunder for tomorrow night, which seems to be the best budget stay. The cost is 2000/- per room including breakfast.

Leaving for KhardungLa
Night halt at Hunder.
Got 3 Classic 350 and 2 Himalayan at great price after comparing rates with other shops and bargaining a lot. The Bike vendor is a really nice person. Classic 350 at 1000/- each and Himalayan at 1400/- each.
Got riding jackets, riding shoes, gloves, knee pads bungee cords from a different place.

Also on request the bike rental owner gave his BSNL postpaid connection for the next three days. Nice people they are.
Will update contact details, if needed.

That’s my ride in the picture below.

Attachments

Just came back after exploring KhardungLa, Diskit monastery, Hunder sand dunes, pangong and ChangLa. ChangLa was the toughest. Had rough time riding. Will start writing the whole journey once I am back in my town. Will be leaving for Manali tomorrow morning. Hope no more snow ⛄ so that the roads remain open without much obstacles.

Returning from Srinagar.
Left from Leh at 2 pm yesterday was thinking of staying at Kargil for night. Things changed, plans changed crossed Srinagar and on the way to Katra.
Will visit the divine temple of Mata Rani and will be back home soon.

Reached the Zojila check post at 10.06 pm and upon request they allowed us to cross Zojila. As per the rules which we were told that we cannot enter Zojila after 10 Pm.

Stuck in a jam before katra. The Jam looks very bad. Let’s see how much time it will take.
Katra is still 180 kms.
Jai Mata Di.

Reached Katra. 5 hours traffic jam before reaching Katra. Don’t know the exact place but it was around 180 om should before Katra.

No journey is completed without the blessings of God. Jai Mata Di