7th Photography Project || Theme: Long Exposure Photography

dichkaun

Ingredients>>
Right Place: Preferably far away from city so that you don't have any light pollution and high high above sea level (makes it easier to spot and less dusty atmosphere) - I shot this at Sarchu.
Right Time: Milky way crosses our sky everyday around 8:30 to 12 pm in India.
Right Camera Gears: Full frame dslr with ultra wide angle fast lens, sturdy tripod (D7000, Tokina 11-16mm).
Right Camera Settings: 30s (rough calculation using 500 or 600 rule), f/2.8, 6400 ISO, WB 4350K, 11mm focussed at ∞
And lastly "Luck" for good weather.

You can get idea on how to spot MW through some softwares like "Stellarium" which is free.
Thanks. This is useful. Will try this on the Leh trip this yr.

ashk

Techie by profession, Nomad by heart!
Thanks for pointing out the detail. :)
DEVIL lies in the details........ :snakeman::snakeman: That one word shoots the cost of a super-wide angle like anything! :p:p

Brother, 8 saal ki naukri me "gullak me paise jod jod ke camera + gears liya" =;
Ha Ha! I wonder what was the animal that gullak looked like. It cannot be a piggie, must have been a Mammoth!

Waise rightly pointed, I might have the gears but I don't know all the details that makes you Filthy Rich and me gareeb :mrgreen:
Sherlock Holmes has been employed to find those details and yet chances of their discovery are bleak..... :lol::lol:

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
OK. Thik hai....
Asish chalo.....tumhara log khatam Karo.

Ankur bhai.....kuch or subject suru Karen.....
Dada, this project runs till 31 May. Please feel free to start a new thread on 1 June, with another interesting topic (preferably some open ended one)
I see a lot of traveling in upcoming days so might not be possible for me to start a new thread anytime soon. I will appreciate if you take the ownership.
BTW I just returned from a long vacation and a lot to be posted in this thread... But that will have to wait ;)

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Ingredients>>
Right Place: Preferably far away from city so that you don't have any light pollution and high high above sea level (makes it easier to spot and less dusty atmosphere) - I shot this at Sarchu.
Right Time: Milky way crosses our sky everyday around 8:30 to 12 pm in India.
Right Camera Gears: Full frame dslr with ultra wide angle fast lens, sturdy tripod (D7000, Tokina 11-16mm).
Right Camera Settings: 30s (rough calculation using 500 or 600 rule), f/2.8, 6400 ISO, WB 4350K, 11mm focussed at ∞
And lastly "Luck" for good weather.

You can get idea on how to spot MW through some softwares like "Stellarium" which is free.
Amrit,
try this -> http://www.skyviewcafe.com/skyview.php
unfortunately no mobile app for this.
You will love it.
You may take print of milkyway orientation for better compositions... at specify time and specific lat/long...

amritash

Rootless Wanderer
Amrit,
try this -> http://www.skyviewcafe.com/skyview.php
unfortunately no mobile app for this.
You will love it.
You may take print of milkyway orientation for better compositions... at specify time and specific lat/long...
Oh you can simply use the google sky app and spot the Cygnus constellation or even if you could spot Saturn you are very close to one end of the milky way.
Or Stellarium has a paid mobile app(125:r:) which is the best app to spot MW.