8 Passes + Cliff Hanger Road Trip

Skumar

Shyamk
great info videos and pics, just wondering is this route doable in Nov/Dec and what would be the best route please, we plan to go on our motorcycle

rameshtahlan

Super User
Many local drivers may not know what a Fortuner is capable of !
From what i hear from the local drivers, this was even all the way on Leh to Sarchu and to Keylong stretch, is that the best vehicles for the mountains are Toyota, they give no starting trouble in the morning. and when they see me standing next to Forutner, I can see admiration in their eyes. I once asked a local drive when driving from Srinagar to Leh, when i was refuelling before Sonmarg, if the road it ok, he laughed, saying, you drive a Fortuner, and asking about road condition, then added, a Fortuner does not need a road.

Happy Landings.

Last edited:

rameshtahlan

Super User
great info videos and pics, just wondering is this route doable in Nov/Dec and what would be the best route please, we plan to go on our motorcycle
end Nov or Dec, Sinthan Pass could get closed most likely, difficult of guess so much in advance. Rohtang is anyones guess. So Rohtang could also be closed. But if Rohtang does get closed, you can always come back via Padri and Dalhousie. Otherwise rest of the route would be doable.

Happy Landings.

rameshtahlan

Super User
WEATHER UPDATE 02 Nov 2019.

WDs are here.
this should be the first good snowfall WD of the season, hope i am right.

CAUTION
Many passes will shut now, so if you are on the other side of Rohtang, or Kunzum or Baralacha La or at Sarchu, or Zoji La,
time to get out immediately.
The WD arriving on Sat, seems to be intensifying
So those planning road trips,
do cater for much more colder weather and drop in temp.

Stay Safe
Happy Landings.

Sat 02Nov.jpg