8 Passes Road Trip + Cliff Hanger road (No Kashmir No Ladakh)

rameshtahlan

Super User
@rameshtahlan When did you start from Killar and when did you reach this spot? Will it help if one starts early from Killar - the water level might be low.

@Yogesh Sarkar Will this stretch be same in October first week? How an Innova crysta is expected to perform here?
When we reached this spot, we were told the JCB was pulling out vehicles since 6:30 am, i guess that is the time the JCB driver must have come for duty. So you may have to cross before sunrise, but my guess, the level of water will not have much diff day or night, cause the temp have gone up. so melting now takes place 24 hours.

mousourik

Who Am I
When we reached this spot, we were told the JCB was pulling out vehicles since 6:30 am, i guess that is the time the JCB driver must have come for duty. So you may have to cross before sunrise, but my guess, the level of water will not have much diff day or night, cause the temp have gone up. so melting now takes place 24 hours.
And if the Innova Crysta is not a 4WD, then help of JCB will be required. What do you feel?

rameshtahlan

Super User
And if the Innova Crysta is not a 4WD, then help of JCB will be required. What do you feel?
Actually, by now they may have done some work on that part by placing stones on it to make it a bit more level.
Cause more than a month is over since we went.
eventually, the JCB did pick up stones and places them into the worst part,
So should not be to much of a problem now.
You should be able to cross without any problem.

Happy Landings.

rameshtahlan

Super User
05 Jun 2019, Day 7.

We spend the night at Keylong, Reached around 9pm
managed to get a place at The Chandrabhaga, which is the State Govt Rest House.

Next morning was just wonderful.
Hotel staff was sleeping so i found them and asked them to make breakfast,
found the key to the front entrance to hotel, and opened the metal door,
and went out with my camera to get some clicks.

Looking in the direction we had come from last night
was a beautiful view.
and hidden by the clouds is the Sanakkeik Jot at 6,045m / 19,832 ft.
It was doing to be a good day.

2X2A4628 Sanakdeik Jot 6045m 19832ft.jpg