A day trip to Agra & Fatehpur Sikri

hiambuj

Staff member
The Background : The discussions of a Day trip to Agra started here.

The Plan : Wanderlustsoul, who had to come from Mumbai (The only one from outside Delhi), had booked flight tickets to Delhi & had made hotel booking also near CP, which is close to my office. We were supposed to leave on Sunday early in the morning. Before that we all had decided to attend the BCMT dhaba meet on Saturday evening. I had work at office on Saturday also & hence I offered wanderlustsoul that I'll take her to Dhaba meet, as she was not aware of the venue/location. Her flight was supposed to land at 3:00 PM after which she had to call me. Manik came to my office around three in the afternoon. From there we went to CP for some time pass till wanderlustsoul calls. After not receiving the call till 5:30 PM we decided to head to the meet. On the way I had to pick Raji as well so Manik headed for meet directly & I went to Raji's place. In heavy evening traffic of Delhi We could manage to reach dhaba only by 7:15 PM & had Manik, Piyush, Khushboo (those who had to go to Agra) waiting there apart from other BCMT members. No signs of wanderlustsoul. Finally we took it the way it was & understood that wanderlustsoul has gone somewhere wandering & decided that five of us will go next morning by my car.

The Travellers : Me, Manik, Piyush, Raji & Khushboo .

The Trip : Manik reached my place in Vaishali,Ghaziabad at 4:25 AM and after safely parking his bike in my apartment, we left the place at 4:30 AM heading towards Hauz Khas from where we had to pick Piyush & Khushboo. At 5:00 AM both were ready waiting for us at the entrance gate of Piyush's apartments. We picked them, further picked Raji from her house & headed towards Agra road only to stop in Delhi once for a tank full. The Sun started rising once we crossed Faridabad, cruising smoothly at around 100 kmph. Stopped to catch the beauty of sun rising from the horizons :
CIMG1219.jpg

Crossing the first toll we stopped twice before hitting the second toll for clicking these beautiful scenes :
CIMG1233.jpg

Busy photographers
CIMG1236.jpg

A flower on the divider of the road :
CIMG1240.jpg

The true INDIA, with temple & mosque at same location, notice the beautiful reflections in the water body :
CIMG1244.jpg

Heading towards Agra after these short breaks, we crossed Mathura in no time & decided to have a breakfast at this dhaba :
CIMG1250.jpg

We reached the outskirts of Agra around 9:00 AM & I called up Ajay who was supposed to meet us in Agra. He had returned from Lucknow the same morning & told us to wait immediately after the first bridge in Agra which we did. Ajay caught us in less than 5 minutes & took us to a famous shop for Lassi. :
CIMG1255.jpg

Ajay had to get his car serviced, so he exchanged his car with a friend of his & we started towards tha Taj with Manik & Ajay in one car & rest four in mine. Reached the car parking of Taj at near 10 AM, parked the vehicles & hired a tanga to Taj, as we were not willing to walk in such heat :
CIMG1257.JPG

There was hardly any rush for tickets, in fact Ajay was the first in queue & he returned happy with tickets in his hands :
CIMG1260.JPG

The security at Taj was strict but it took only five minutes in the frisking & we entered the beautiful world of Taj Mahal.
CIMG1262.jpg

The Photo-perfect Taj Mahal :
CIMG1271.jpg

Couldnt resist myself from clicking these kids, for their wonderful smiles :
CIMG1275.JPG

CIMG1276.JPG

Standing Tall :
CIMG1278.jpg

For the sake of posing :
CIMG1284.jpg

We spent some descent 2 hrs at this monument of love & then decided to head towards Fatehpur Sikri, stopping only once in Agra for some Beer. We took only one break between Agra & Fatehpur Sikri for Lunch.
CIMG1298.jpg

We managed to reach Fatehpur Sikri around 2:15 PM, parked our cars near to the ascent of the fort (didnt park at the main parking to avoid the long walk from there), hired an auto for the fort & soon we were in the Fatehpur fort.

The Buland Darwaza :
CIMG1300.jpg

It was Urrs season & the atmosphere at fatehpur was festive. we hired a guide at Fatehpur just for the sake of listening to the stories of fatehpur Sikri & spent very good 1:45 hrs there, clicking the beautiful fort from different angles.

CIMG1304.JPG

CIMG1307.jpg

CIMG1314.jpg

CIMG1315.jpg

CIMG1327.jpg

CIMG1330.JPG

CIMG1334.jpg

CIMG1335.jpg

CIMG1339.jpg

CIMG1340.jpg

Finally after a darshan at Chishti Saheb's dargah we decided to head back to Delhi at around 4:00 PM with same seating arrangement. Stopped for a cup of tea at the junction where roads for Agra & Delhi seperate & from there Ajay went to Agra & we moved towards Delhi.
CIMG1344.jpg

Now was the time to click the sunset, which was the last photography opportunity on this short trip. :
CIMG1347.jpg

CIMG1354.jpg

CIMG1355.JPG

CIMG1360.jpg

CIMG1364.JPG

With only one break in between Agra & Delhi for a cup of tea & some pakoras we made it to Delhi border at 9:00 PM.

Tea Break :
CIMG1366.jpg

Dropping everyone to there respective places We (me & Manik) reached vaishali at 11 in the Night from where Manik took his bike leaving for his home. I had a dinner & went to a sound sleep. Next day was supposed to be hectic in office.

Total Distance travelled : 550 kms
Total Duration : 18.5 hours
Expense : Rs 550 per head

(Piyush & Raji : Please upload your clicks also in this thread)

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Amit nice day trip you guys had and beautiful photographs, composition in majority of the photographs is fantastic. Though it seems the white balance of your camera has developed some problem initially, kind of like the same problem I had encountered with my Kodak cam.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely smashing!! :)
And what luck! No queues anywhere! How come? Tourists are staying away from India due to bomb blasts, church burning, etc..?? :confused:]

Still wondering where the wander lust has taken Wanderlustsoul........

ht_hanu

I can see a drastic improvement in photographic skills..!
Kudos <clap clap>
keep it up ambuj bhaiya! :)
piyush alias pohan..
ur clicks are awaited.. plz post..

hiambuj

Staff member
Amit nice day trip you guys had and beautiful photographs, composition in majority of the photographs is fantastic. Though it seems the white balance of your camera has developed some problem initially, kind of like the same problem I had encountered with my Kodak cam.
thanks Yogesh... No it was not the white balance, it was the red filter which I dont know when, got activated..

Wah ustaad...Wah taaj...
Shukriya Janaab :)

Very nice photos, specially the ones from Fatehpur Sikri, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Shamik
Thanks Shamik... Fatehpur Sikri has always attracted me more over Taj Mahal.. thats why we skipped the Agra Fort & chose Fatehpur Sikri... Though it took a toll on me driving for so long, specially due to bad roads on the way to Fatehpur Sikri, yet it was worth :)

Absolutely smashing!! :)
And what luck! No queues anywhere! How come? Tourists are staying away from India due to bomb blasts, church burning, etc..?? :confused:]

Still wondering where the wander lust has taken Wanderlustsoul........
Thanks Anupji..
Yes , weather & recent blast/extra security is keeping the tourists away.. I promised the forum that We'll do both in one single day COMFORTABLY & TIMELY & we did.. both girls also reached their respective place in time at night.. :)

BTW, wanderlustsoul was stuck somewhere in work... she told later when we returned.. ;)

Lovely set of photographs. The first one looks surreal.
Thanks Abhi :)
I like the Sunset one more ;)

Brilliant set of pics Amit .... Thoroughly enjoyed!!
Thanks Vaibhav..
It was really nice meeting you at Dhaba the other day... :)

I can see a drastic improvement in photographic skills..!
Kudos <clap clap>
keep it up ambuj bhaiya! :)
piyush alias pohan..
ur clicks are awaited.. plz post..
Oh my Love.. you are here, a real good surprise (& happiness) :) muuaaah
Well, now that you have registered, do post introduction here ... Although the forum knows you well, yet they wouldnt mind hearing from Horse's mouth...

So hanu welcome here, why so late to appear here ?
Thank god he's here... i didnt expect as he's having a very busy schedule these days in initial part of his first job.. :)

Last edited: