A FasTrack trip to Spiti in Vaayu - Delhi to Kaza in a day.

Gaurav Tomar

Spiti one more time :)

This was an unplanned trip as we were not sure about where to go during long weekend. A day before we decided to do Spiti and started rolling on. I have done a full Spiti circuit and multiple times to Kinnaur before as well so knew about most of the places already.

Day 1 (19/04) - Delhi to Kaza covered in 22 hours 15 mins, almost 850 kms.

Some time log noted as below: -
Left Delhi at 11 pm (18/04)
Shimla - 5 am (Good roads)
Rampur - 8:30 am (Good roads)
Spillow - 3:30 pm (Good roads with some bad patches before Ribba)
Nako - 5:30 pm (Good to Bad)
Tabo - 7:30 pm (Good roads)
Kaza - 9:15 pm (Average roads)

Since Kunzum is closed and we had to return through same route, we decided to do this long drive and see places while coming back.

Day 2 (20/04) - Hikkim - Langza - Ki - Kibber - Chicham bridge - Kaza.

From this day onwards, our plan was to go easy and see places as we have covered a long distance first day. Started our day with a puncture repair around 11 am towards nearby villages which ended around 6:30 pm with ease. Most of the places were closed but still we found delicious Momos shop in Kaza market, night temperature must be around -7 to -10 but our cozy room was good enough to keep us comfortable. A long chat with UC bhai (GH owner) during dinner gave us some interesting insight about the place and local culture.

Day 3 (21/04) - Kaza - Pin Valley - Dhankar Monastery - Tabo.

We checked out from Kaza and left towards a drive in Pin Valley, it was a lovely drive till tailing and return from there as roads were closed after that due to accumulated snow. We were lucky to visit a village 'Kalamurti' near Sagnam where population is only 2 (brother and sister) and we met both of them.
Next stop was Dhankar Monastery before ending our day in Tabo.

Day 4 (22/04) - Tabo Monastery - Gue Village - Nako - Rampur.

Our day started a little late with a visit to Tabo Monastery post which we moved towards Gue Village (8 kms detour) where a 650 years old mummy is kept.
Next was Nako Lake in our plan which was completed by 4 pm and we were all set to move further down, night halt at Rampur around 10 pm.

Day 5 (23/04) - Rampur to Delhi.
This was straight drive from Rampur to home, took approx 12 hours flat.

That is how another quick trip to Spiti got completed - 1950 kms trip.

Thanks to my co travelers - Arvind and Gaurav.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Black Pearl vkd

Don't Stop, You are just a step away.
Very Nice pics sir

I had this trip planned for Last year Nov 2018, but due to some urgency it got cancelled
now I planned it again for 14 Jun 2019, but again it got cancelled due to urgency,
need to go to kerala on 1 June (Urgent work + Touring) going by Car
I don't know when my dream of spiti will get fulfilled

Gaurav Tomar

Very Nice pics sir

I had this trip planned for Last year Nov 2018, but due to some urgency it got cancelled
now I planned it again for 14 Jun 2019, but again it got cancelled due to urgency,
need to go to kerala on 1 June (Urgent work + Touring) going by Car
I don't know when my dream of spiti will get fulfilled
Thanks, hope you make it soon brother

nice pics Gaurav. awesome. even if kunjum la were open, i wonder if u would have been able to reach manali via batal gramphu road in ur swift? i had done this whole circuit solo on cycle 4 years back. i dont know about road conditions at present.

Gaurav Tomar

nice pics Gaurav. awesome. even if kunjum la were open, i wonder if u would have been able to reach manali via batal gramphu road in ur swift? i had done this whole circuit solo on cycle 4 years back. i dont know about road conditions at present.
Batal to Gramphoo we have done in Swift in 2017 but it was a difficult deal due to bad/no roads.

Parveen_Choudhary

Hi
I am planning to visit till chitkul with family.Please reply my following concerns
1. Is Chitkul drive is enough scenic?Will We be able to see snow clad mountains?Since it will be my first drive beyond Shimla afraid of going till Kalpa/Kunzam.

2. Can I do this in my Ciaz.

3. What is Hotel availability scenario?Do we need prior bookings?

Please do suggest things to do and good hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaurav Tomar

Hi
I am planning to visit till chitkul with family.Please reply my following concerns
1. Is Chitkul drive is enough scenic?Will We be able to see snow clad mountains?Since it will be my first drive beyond Shimla afraid of going till Kalpa/Kunzam.

2. Can I do this in my Ciaz.

3. What is Hotel availability scenario?Do we need prior bookings?

Please do suggest things to do and good hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drive to Chitkul is beautiful you can do it easily in Ciaz, there are stay options available in Chitkul.. Samaa Resort and Zostel are good options.