A Long Weekend Trip to Vengurla and Tarkarli

Sachin Jatkar

Actually it will benefit if you list few of the 52 weekend getaways from Mumbai which you have experienced in order of best experience. Will help a lot of us. You can write detailed travelogues for each at your own convenience

itssandeep

Day 3 - Tarkarli -

We got up early morning on the houseboat so that we could be ready before the houseboat leaves for the days excursion. And we could witness a good sunrise on the backwaters of Karli.

DSC_3659-Edit.jpg

Sunrise from the boat​

The houseboat is supposed to take you towards the Sangam (the place where the Karli river meets the sea) in the morning as a part of the package. There are a lot of options near the Sangam for water sports and usually all the tourists flock here to enjoy the water sports. We also enjoyed the para-sailing. The boat that took us deep inside the sea was a good one. The view of the sea from the top was awesome, blue ocean and blue sky.

DSC_3707.jpg

Waiting for our turn in the boat

DSC_3720.jpg

DSC_3728-Edit.jpg

Wifey getting ready for the flight

DSC_3733.jpg

DSC_3735.jpg

After enjoying a good session of para-sailing it was the time to say good bye to the houseboats. We had meanwhile booked MTDC resort rooms for a day so that we can stay till next day morning and leave for Pune.

The afternoon was spent mostly relaxing, gup-shup and strolling on the beach. Meanwhile I managed to capture some more views of the tarkarli beach. Oh and I forgot to mention that when you are at Malvan/ Tarkali you must have meal at Chaitanya. Its a restaurant in the main market of Malvan and they serve one of the most authentic malvani cuisines. You can try the fish or Kombadi Wade (chicken with Puri made from various dals). Its awesome, I've ensured that everytime we visit Tarkarli we visit Chaitanya.

DSC_3758-Edit.jpg

Tried the sun-flare capture

DSC_3759-Edit.jpg

One more

DSC_3767-Edit.jpg

DSC_3774-Edit.jpg

After the high tide you will find a lots of these

DSC_3777-Edit.jpg

DSC_3794-Edit.jpg

Father-daughter enjoying the sunset

DSC_3816-Edit.jpg

Enjoyed a cuppa at beach - a parting shot at Tarkarli​

This evening we went for dinner Atithi Bamboo restaurant in Malvan. I had heard about this place from a lot of sources, but for us it was a disappointment. The main reason was too much rush due to long weekend and almost everyone had turned up at Atithi Bamboo. However, there is one dish of Prawns which is a specialty of this place it turned out to very good and everyone must try this (Im forgetting the name of the dish unfortunately).

Next day we woke up early morning and started towards Pune. The earlier plan was to go via Varandh Ghat (bhor) but then we thought now that the monsoons are over we would not see any waterfalls at Varandh ghat and hence dropped the idea. Instead we traveled through Mahabaleshwar just to enjoy a good late lunch at Mapro Gardens. And we all know Mapro never disappoints :D

itssandeep

Actually it will benefit if you list few of the 52 weekend getaways from Mumbai which you have experienced in order of best experience. Will help a lot of us. You can write detailed travelogues for each at your own convenience ��
Will surely try that. Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, in 2014 itself I have been to Kanha National Park and also had been to one more road trip in monsoons to Kokan so will try and put up a T-log here for these trips.

John Mathai

john-the wanderer
Very beautiful beaches and the narration is also good and enjoyable.:)
The house boat seems made in Kerala. I've heard that boats made in Alleppey is tugged to MH by sea.

tuzusun

Sandeep

Your travelogue bought back some old memories associated with Tarkarli and peripheral areas.
Thanks a lot.