A Short Trip to Parli-Vaidyanath, Aundha Nagnath and Huzur-Saheb Nanded

sridhar1953

Very nicely conceived trip and loved your detailed narration.
Have added both the locations to my travel destinations in Maharashtra.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot.
Further at Aundha Nagnath I was told that there are some Jain-Caves with some wonderful sculptures.
However due to paucity of time we could not visit the same.
Do NOT miss it during your visit.

Sridhar

ashish0712

TravelForNirvana
Fantastic Trip Sridhar Sir and Very Informative...Parli Vaidyanath, Aundha Naganath and Bhimashankar are on the Agenda

Had visited Jyotirling Temples of Omkareshwar and Mahakaleshwar in September and Trimbhakeshwar in August...Great Experience specially attending Bhasam Aarti at Mahakaleshwar.

sridhar1953

Fantastic Trip Sridhar Sir and Very Informative...Parli Vaidyanath, Aundha Naganath and Bhimashankar are on the Agenda

Had visited Jyotirling Temples of Omkareshwar and Mahakaleshwar in September and Trimbhakeshwar in August...Great Experience specially attending Bhasam Aarti at Mahakaleshwar.
Thanks.
I hope you also visit Grushneshwar near Aurangabad.
I visited this place a few months back and it is a must-see temple.

rdp

Very well written, simple but informative.!! Will recollect when we may visit the places.

Latha Natarajan

Very beautiful a/c of the temples sir. with gods grace we are also planning to visit the aundh nagnath temple soon. I would be really grateful if you could advise how to book the rudrabhishek in the temple . Pl send the priest no. to my email id [email protected]. Thanks and best regards.Latha

One place still left in our agenda is the famous Gurudwara located at Nanded on the banks of the Godavari River.
Infact Nanded plays a pivotal role in the History of Sikh Religion and is one of the five takhts of the Sikhs.
The First among the Sikh Gurus Guru Nanak Devji visited Nanded during his sojourn to South India.
Then the Tenth Guru Sri Guru Govind Singhji also chose Nanded for formulating the tenets of the Sikh Religion and also this is the Holy place where he decided to shed his mortal coil.
The Gurudwara resembles the Golden-Temple at Amritsar and was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singhji

The main structure is the two-storied building.
The inner room is closed and is plated with gold.
The inner room called the Ángitha Sahib was built where Guru Gobiind Singhji was cremated.
It is open twice a day between 6.30 am and 7.30 and again from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm for public Darshan.
It was here that this Great Guru conferred the Guru-Ship on the Holy 'Guru Granth Sahib'.

The Inner-Room at the Gurudwara
View attachment 438449

We spent close to half an hour in the holy atmosphere.
Recitation from the Holy Granth-Sahib goes on day and night.

A few pics of the Holy Gurudwara :

View attachment 438450

View attachment 438456

View attachment 438467

Next to the main building there is another small building housing two more Samadhi's of the Guru's disciples and some Holy relics of the Guru's period.

View attachment 438451

There is also a historical well and one covered place with some grinding stones.

View attachment 438457

View attachment 438458

The entire complex is constructed of white marble.
The volunteers ensure that the complex is kept clean.

View attachment 438490

View attachment 438491

View attachment 438454

View attachment 438452

Some Inscriptions on the Wall :
View attachment 438482

Another attraction of this Gurdwara is the 'Langar' which is open to everyone irrespective of caste and creed.

The Langar
View attachment 438455

In fact every volunteer at the Gurudwara enquires whether you have had your fill at the Langar?
We reached the Langar around 2 pm.
The volunteers served Roti, Dhall, Sabji and Kheer with love and understanding.
We observed that they keep coming to each row with the food till your stomach is full.
We had one of our best lunches that day.
After all it was not only the quality of the ingredients that mattered, the food was soaked with the Grace and Blessings of the Holy Guru.

Some more shots of the Holy Place :

View attachment 438459

View attachment 438487

View attachment 438453

After spending close to three hours in the Gurudwara we were back in our room for a small siesta.

Our return bus (Sharma Transport AC-Sleeper) to Pune was at 7 pm.
This time our journey was very cosy and comfortable.
After all Shiva had conducted the entire tour for us once we landed at Parli and we also had the Blessings of Guru Govind Singhji.

So ''When God is with us, who can be against us ?''

We reached Pune the next day after a pleasant journey and Heart-full of Blessings.

Concluded.

sridhar1953

Very beautiful a/c of the temples sir. with gods grace we are also planning to visit the aundh nagnath temple soon. I would be really grateful if you could advise how to book the rudrabhishek in the temple . Pl send the priest no. to my email id [email protected]. Thanks and best regards.Latha
First and foremost I am extremely sorry for the delay in replying as I was away at Badrnath for 20 days.
I am not having any contact details of the priests.
I think you can arrange after reaching the Shrine.
If I get any further details I shall inform you.
Only request is avoid the month of Shravan as there will be too much rush