A small journey to a peaceful place

skysat2005

Super User
Mamleshwar looks beautiful in that light snow showers :)
Loved the short however sweet travelogue.

We stayed for in Mamleshwar Suite in Oct 2014, that time costed us Rs.2100 plus taxes.

The route you took on return via Shalaghat-Arki is beautiful with almost negligible traffic, though it is less in KM but due to narrow roads, not much time is saved. I traveled this route in 2013 when we were returning from Kalpa in January and Narkanda-Shimla was snowed out, so took this alternate route via Kingal-Basantpur-Shalaghat-Arki-Dharampur.

Natalya

ghumakkar
Th
Mamleshwar looks beautiful in that light snow showers :)
Loved the short however sweet travelogue.

We stayed for in Mamleshwar Suite in Oct 2014, that time costed us Rs.2100 plus taxes.

The route you took on return via Shalaghat-Arki is beautiful with almost negligible traffic, though it is less in KM but due to narrow roads, not much time is saved. I traveled this route in 2013 when we were returning from Kalpa in January and Narkanda-Shimla was snowed out, so took this alternate route via Kingal-Basantpur-Shalaghat-Arki-Dharampur.
Thanks for your kind words
Yes it is true that route is less in kms but due to its sharp ascends and descends it doesn't save time.
The suite costed us 1400 only due to discount.
Actually I forgot the names of the places on the route. Tried to remember but.... :)