A Tourist’s Tale of Winter in Ladakh

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Thank you Sachin.

2. mdpambati

mdpambati New Member

Thank u yogesh for all the info...i went to leh on 25th december and returned on 1st jan...rigzen was busy and he alloted one of his nephew for us...everything went well.. thank you so much for your information which made my trip possible. For going to hanle, now they are not allowing to take camera, need to deposit at nyoma police station which is about 20 km before Loma check post. The other driver name is also rigzen and his phone number is 9469384374. Thanks once again for this wonderful group

3. Yogesh Sarkar

Welcome back Mdpambati. Good to know your trip went fine with the other Rigzin :D, though it is disturbing news that no camera rule is still being enforced, even though it makes absolutely no sense at all.

4. aashishkul

aashishkul Member

Why is no camera allowed to Hanle? What about mobile camera?

5. Yogesh Sarkar

It is an idiotic rule and I guess imposed to ensure people aren’t able to venture off to Chummur etc. with cameras and photograph troop movement or worse, PLA movement.

I believe they ask you to submit mobile phones as well, not 100% sure though.

6. sureshthegeek

sureshthegeek Member

Hi Yogesh!

Very nice blog, completely immersed in it. Being an newbie into photography, have to a learn a lot from your photographs on composition! Really nice photographs! Felt like I have completed the trip!

7. Yogesh Sarkar

Thank you Suresh.

8. Mitin

Mitin New Member

Hi Yogesh,

Myself and wife planning to travel to Leh this winter around new year's eve (Jan 2015 1st week). Have lot of queries (will keep asking) but foremost among them is the type of clothes needed at that time?

Can we get such clothes on rent in Leh or in Delhi (we are based out of Delhi)? Since, I am assuming that such heavy woollens would not be of much use to us later.

Thanks,
    Mitin