A Wrist watch with GPS

shashankaggarwal

The Roadster
I am not really keep on maps and tracks. Speed, Altitude, temp etc are the main things I am looking for. And yes the battery, never really thought about it.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
If you are a car tourer, get a small thermometer fitted in the car. the one with external and internal sensors costs 300-400rs.
For GPS, buy any small handleld and use that.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
You can either buy from ebay.com, free shipping to India or go to any accessory shop(400rs).

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Buy a cheap waterproof handheld GPS which takes AA batteries. Cost 100$ approx. It will log you a track and show some rudimetary map also.

shashankaggarwal

The Roadster
well, I am aware about alternates available. I have a phone which can very well be connected to the Bluetooth GPS thingy, I can buy a proper device...everything can be done.

However if I can find a reasonable priced watch which has some proved track record, that would make it lot more easier for me.

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Well, in that case buy from the masters themselves. Garmin forerunner costs 199$ I think, and has around 10 hours battery life from its rechargeable battery.

sumit sabharwal

Hi Shashank

This is what you are looking if you want altitude temp pressure GPS compass etall

Suunto - Suunto X10

if you are not satisfied with this one there are other options also available with Garmin but as per my knowledgde this one is the best if you are looking for outdoor features+ GPS.

Garmin is more GPS centric so may not give details of altimeter/barometer in some models but there are 1-2 models which can give all features.

SUUNTO is a finnish company masters of precision instruments/compasses and outdoor wristwatches......they say the only watch which works on Mt.Everest is a SUUNTO

Check this link as well

Suunto - Products