Adrenaline running high for 12 days – Trip of Lifetime

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Nitin Singla, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Nitin Singla

Nitin Singla nitin.singla

Day 11 – Tuesday – 23rd August - TSO Moriri (Karzok) - Keylong - 350 Kms - 11 Hrs of Drive
    Route – Korzok - Kyagar Ts0 - Sumdo - Tso Kar - Debring (Leh Manali Highway) - Pang - Gata Loops - Sarchu - Barcha La - Darcha - Jispa - Keylong

Our Way Back Journey :)

So we woke up early as it was the last leg of our chronicle sharply at 7 we’re all set and ready to say goodbye to this majestic place. The crown of the universe. We decided to push our limits today and decided to take a halt as further as we can reach. Target was Keylong. I know it was foolish thing to do and for some of you , you may find it too risky. But we decided to do that and by taking all mighties name we started the journey back. In the journey back it was a mix of road conditions that we faced, some stretches were smooth, some stretches were rough and we had the biggest fall on this day only. It was in mid of Korzok and Sumdo. And you know what both of us had a great fall. But that doesn’t change our goal of the day. The journey back was more beautiful than we were starting the trip.

We had some refreshments in Sumdo as it was drizzling. After a quick break we’re back again on the track. We reached TSO Kar had a brief stay and we started for the pang and there we rested for 30-40 mins to give ourself a quick break from the tiring journey.

We reached Barcha La pass and my back was hurting like hell, I get down from bike stretched a bit and lied down on the road it self after gathering enough energy we decided to move as Keylong was now approachable target. We reached Keylong got the accommodation and after quick rest we came out for food hunting and we were welcomed by flat tyre of my bike. We took help from the owner a very helpful person. He called the puncture guy as it was late and all the shops were closed he took us to the shop got the problem solved and I still feel thankful for this.

After this we reached back to our room and retired for the day. I think as soon as I laid down on bed I was in deep sleep.

As today we need to reach our target so was not able to capture much pics for the day, our friend Navtej clicked few from back as we traveled along till Keylong :)

Marmots --
    11.1.1 Mormots.jpg 11.1.2 Mormots.jpg

Approaching TSO Kar

11.1.3 Way Back Sumdho.JPG

TSO Kar -

11.2.1 TSO Kar.jpg 11.2.2 Tso Kar.jpg 11.2.3 Tso Kar.JPG

Leh Manali Highway Near Debring -

11.3.1 Way Back.JPG 11.3.2 Way Back.JPG

Spotted Rainbow at Darcha -

11.4.1Darcha - Rainbow 2.JPG 11.4.2 Darcha - Rainbow.JPG

Near Jispa -

11.5.1 Way Back.JPG Way Back.JPG 11.3.3 Way Back.JPG

View From Keylong Hotel -

IMG_20160824_063403977.jpg

2. rameshtahlan

rameshtahlan Super User

wow.
    brings back great memories.
    had done Ladakh in Jun 2013
    and returned via Manali, with a night halt at Keylong.

Here is my image of the same mountain we both clicked.

1st image is by you, 2nd image by me. almost identical.

Once Rohtang tunnel is opened, I plan to do a rd trip to Keylong in the worst winter month.

1.png

2.jpg

3. prem.arora

prem.arora Active Member

Wonderful log friends. The last leg, which was in itself a very long one, starting from Leh and reaching Keylong on 4th night is superlative. Excellent narration and natural flow, all that you poured down here is highly appreciated.
    Give brief stats for these last 4 days as well. You had stocked fuel from Diskit. Was that sufficient. You mentioned it would be around 850 kms till Tandi. How much was it exactly and did you ever feel fuel crunch. Had to buy on way?

Thanks again for sharing it all.

Cheers....

Nitin Singla likes this.
  4. Nitin Singla

That's Cool :) ..... I have the same plans ....

This pic I took from my room during stay at Hotel Valley View. :)

5. Nitin Singla

Thanks Buddy for your lovely comments :)

It was exactly around 870-880 kms.
    Diskit - Pangong - 170 Kms
    Pangong - Hanle - 180 Kms
    Hanle - Tso Moriri - 170 Kms
    Tso Moriri - Keylong via Tso Kar and Debring - 350 Kms + 10 Kms Tandi

So our estimate was almost correct. We calculated our bike's average between 32-35 Km/Litre. But From Diskit we assumed it to be max 28Kms/Litre As the terrains coming forward are more tough and rocky so bike will be needing more fuel. So for per bike we need roughly around 30-32 litres of fuel to reach Tandi without crunch of fuel. So this is how we carried the fuel:

Bike Tank - 13.5 ltrs
    Jerry Cans - 5lts * 2 = 10 ltrs
    Water Bottles - We borrowed card board box and filled it with bottles 1ltr,2ltrs and 1 5 ltrs can from the tent we stayed in Hunder. - 20 ltrs total/2Bikes - l0 ltrs.
    So per bike the total came roughly around 34 ltrs of petrol.

After this we were all set.

Just for precautionary measure we bout 5 ltrs of petrol from our Home Stay in Hanle at 110 Rs/L in case we run out of fuel just before Keylong. Because our bikes consumed more fuel than expected till Hanle (As this stretch was toughest & Slow, Pangong to Hanle). But at end it was add on we reached there with the fuel we carried from Diskit.

I hope this answers.

Thank again for Liking :)

6. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Wonderful travelogue guys!

7. Dhiraj Kaushik

Dhiraj Kaushik DK

Nice bro keep sharing more pics

8. Gaurav Chopra

Gaurav Chopra zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it

9. Amit Sharma

Amit Sharma Member

Chandigarh > Ghaziabad > Hyderabad > Hong Kong > H
    Went through this log in one go. Written very well with some amazing pics :)