Advice on Kashmir travel during ramadan with family

Taks

Hi

I am planning to travel to Kashmir on 27th May. Do I need to take care of any thing special as it would be start of Ramadan.

Also, My mother is travelling with me. Could you please suggest some good places for vegiterian food during our stay.

What areas would be good to visit for our trip. Can I expect to spot snow at level 1 in gulmarg?

nadz11.ns

Super User
Hi
I am planning to travel to Kashmir on 27th May. Do I need to take care of any thing special as it would be start of Ramadan.
Also, My mother is travelling with me. Could you please suggest some good places for vegiterian food during our stay.
What areas would be good to visit for our trip. Can I expect to spot snow at level 1 in gulmarg?
What places do you have in mind? any tentative itinerary would be helpful.

Ramadan will be peaceful and there aren't any specific 'no-do' list wrt ramadan.
Nowadays, there are good vegetarian restaurants/dhabas at all tourist spots. You shouldn't face any problem in this regard.

You won't find any snow in June in Gulmarg.

Taks

What places do you have in mind? any tentative itinerary would be helpful.

Ramadan will be peaceful and there aren't any specific 'no-do' list wrt ramadan.
Nowadays, there are good vegetarian restaurants/dhabas at all tourist spots. You shouldn't face any problem in this regard.

You won't find any snow in June in Gulmarg.
Thanks Nadeem.

I am reaching srinagar around 10 am on 27th May. I intend to stay in Srinagar for 2 days. I don't have any other iternary in mind. Earlier I had about gulmarg but if there is no snow then its not worth going their.

Can you please suggest some other places. I can have 4 days but i can streatch it by 2 days as I haven't booked my return flight yet.

Though this is No Snow season,
But I was lucky to see snow on 1-2 June 2015 at Bhadarwah Hills,
where rain with Western Disturbance made some Snow backgrounds for our Pics !
LOL !

You can move to Sonamarg too !
It is also a heaven !
Doodh Pathri, Aru etc also have Great Views !
Infact you can stay at a Homestay in Srinagar having good Veg Food !

If you say, I can give more detail about it.