Air Conditioner...need advice..

Planning to get a 1.5 ton AC for home...
The room is close to 130- 140 sq ft....the top floor of a 7 storey building.
Godrej, voltas, samsung are in the range of 15500/= to 17000/=
Hitachi is 27000/=

Would love to have views from the experts on the choices and suitability of the available models.
Thanks
rgds

rkbharat

Guru
one tested advice, Godrej or Samsung will fail at 45 deg of heat in delhi summers.

You will never regret investing Hitachi or Carrier and they have very good service network.

After all this research I bought Hitachi 1.5 Ton Atom Split for 35K 2 years back, and been very happy with the cooling and features.

Last edited:

classicrajat

The Legend
I would like to propose 'o' General..real performer. Very efficient in the months when temp and humidity soars to unbearable levels.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
We are using 1Samsung (Split-AC), 1Hitachi and 2Voltas airconditioners in our home for past 6 years or so.
Samsung went bust in 1st year itself. But the A.S.S. is amazing! Unit replaced with a new unit, without any questions! Next year the compressed went for a stroll to their workshop, and they sent the refurbished unit very next day. And till date no other major issue with that unit.
My Opinion is: Don't go for Samsung for Delhi summers! :)

Voltas is good... no issues till date. Cooling is fine, but nothing to boast about.
Hitachi is the unit, I am happy to own! No problems till date, and chill factor comes very early! Fantastic cooling even during peak humid summers of Delhi.
Go for Hitachi.

We had O-General window-AC in my earlier office, and I still remember the way it use to cool the area in no time! They ARE among the costliest lot, but almost at par with Carrier (another good contender). But if choosing between Carrier and O-General, I'd suggest to go for O-General.

So, from my end, it should be either a Hitachi or O-General. :)
Hope it helps.

sandeep9868

Sirfira Trekker
O'General is best in quick cooling and air blast is awesome, consume little more elctricity than Hitachi.

Hitachi is silent and equally good (only twin motor one)....I didn't even give a thought to try other brands.

PS: I'm having both, one at Chndigarh (hitachi) and another at Delhi (o'general).

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
....the top floor of a 7 storey building......
Hehe, penthouse suite!
If the concerned room has sunshine incident on its roof through most of the day please get some insulation done or consider a false ceiling.
The expense for this will get recovered in less than one or two summers.
The heat load is very very high with penthouse suites!
The electricity bills in such suites are known to have deranged people! :grin:

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
Planning to get a 1.5 ton AC for home...
The room is close to 130- 140 sq ft....the top floor of a 7 storey building.
Godrej, voltas, samsung are in the range of 15500/= to 17000/=
Hitachi is 27000/=

Would love to have views from the experts on the choices and suitability of the available models.
Thanks
rgds
Doc sahab have both Hitachi and General in the same bedroom. Hitachi Window is kept as a spare unit for peak summers whereas General Split does the routine job. Both are 2 tonners. I havnt had a good experience with Hitachi so shall advice General.

Hehe, penthouse suite!
If the concerned room has sunshine incident on its roof through most of the day please get some insulation done or consider a false ceiling.
The expense for this will get recovered in less than one or two summers.
The heat load is very very high with penthouse suites!
The electricity bills in such suites are known to have deranged people! :grin:
Ditto. Been there done that and finally got the false ceiling done. One time hassle but worth it.