Air Conditioner...need advice..

Have just got myself the "General" Ac (incidentally it is 'general' and not 'o general'...the "o" is just the brand icon).
Initial reports ....works very well.
On 12 may, we did not feel the 44.4 degs!!:)

Viny

My Suggestions

1. Daikin (Very powerful, quiet, very costly)
2. Hitachi (Good performance, costly)
3. OGeneral / General (Good performance, high light bills, costly)
4. BlueStar (Split hi performance series, wont recommend window, turbo performs good, slightly high light bills)

You can cut down the heat to great extend if you could place some refelctors on your terrace.

Last edited:

deepkohli

I've invested in 2 Onida Ac's 3 years back , Although Onida is considered not to be the best one but trust me its worth spending money if you don't want to go for biggies like carrier/national/hitachi etc.

Every year iam spending only Rs200 per AC for their servicing....

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Don't know is it only me or else... but I have noticed one thing among our 2 reciprocatory & 2 rotary compressor-ed ACs.

Old tech ACs (read reciprocatory) gives instant cooling the moment they are switched ON, and reaches the cut-off temperature of 25 deg in pretty less time, whereas the new tech ACs (read rotary) takes about a minute to start giving cold air (not cool!) and takes much more time to reach 25 deg.!!

Whenever we come back home from outside, rooms with old ACS are unlocked first!! :)

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Viny,
normal rate for one-time wet-service is 200-250 only!

the so-called pack of multiple services in an year is AMC - Annual Maintenance Contract and comes at a price of about 2000 per AC per year!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

the so-called pack of multiple services in an year is AMC - Annual Maintenance Contract and comes at a price of about 2000 per AC per year!
The AMC is an 'insurance' policy, more than a multi-service pack. Apart from one service at start of season (and possibly one at end-of-season), it covers possible repair/replacement of defective components.

And my chappie charges Rs.175/- for window unit service.
I had three done for Rs. 475/- this year. :)