Air Conditioner...need advice..

beingbaggu

Have finally managed to get a deal. A friend of a friend of mine has an year old 1.5 T Voltas window AC lying unused. Going to borrow it for this summer @ 3K.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Any idea how much would be the installation cost? The present room I am staying in has all provisions for fitting an AC. The glass pane needs to be taken off and the AC installed in its place.

deepkohli

Split AC Installation is would cost approx Rs.1000 (Upto 15 Ft. fitting of blower/exhaust fan) & Window AC Installation will cost Rs.500 (Provided installation guy don't have to use much of wood fitting during installation.

Servicing of Window AC would cost Rs.200 per year ( You need not to call company guy for the same as they will charge Rs500 ). This charges is for wet service only 1 wet service is good enough at the time starting summer (When you are planing to start your AC).

Viny

Window AC: 1000Rs - 6 services per annum
Split AC: 1000Rs - 6 services per annum (including wet services)
Cassette AC: 1200Rs - 4 Services per annum
40,000 BTU AC Chiller/Plant : 6000Rs - 2/3 services per annum

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Window AC: 1000Rs - 6 services per annum
Split AC: 1000Rs - 6 services per annum (including wet services)
Why so many services?! :shock:
Does anyone get so many services done?
Is it recommended by any manufacturer for its products?

If any AC is 'fingered' so often it will surely give up the ghost much earlier than it would otherwise have! :grin:

Viny

Anupji: Most of these AC's runs 24X7 mostly and given that we dont enjoy best of the natural air quality, hence we are required to perform a service almost every 2/3 months. Company recommended 4 services per annum, but given the issues of filter chokeup and other dust related issues in the AC, our service provider recommended 6 services. Previously he use to do only 4 services at same price :D

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are some of these services a simple filter cleaning job?
Or are they all wet services? :confused:

I run two of my ACs 24x7 too, during summer months, which means at least six months in the year. Neither National, nor LG, advised service any more than once a year!

Terminator

So do I wonder about 6 services in an year...???
I am happy with 2 services in an year.Cleaning of filter however can be self done easily.
Yesterday bought a Blue star 1.5 Ton,window,EER=2.75,3 star) for Rs 20,500.
Later came to know that it is available under 19k at a couple of places.
When I asked for explanation,my dealer as an excuse said that he would give 3 free services & is an authorized dealer hence the pricing is correct.

Anyway the AC works good,
http://220.156.189.23:8080/beeLabel/protected/jsp/SearchOptions.jsp