Air Conditioner Trouble

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I have an Onida 5* Split in my bed room. While cooling is great thermostat seems to be troubling a bit.

For example, if I keep temperature at 25 it cools, if I change it to 26 it cuts of the compressor and then takes really long time to switch it on. At 25 I need a blanket but when I keep it at 26 it becomes unbearable to sleep under a blanket. What could be the issue?

Admin01

Administrator
If the AC is set to 26 degree Celsius, then the compressor is unlikely to kick in before 27-28 degree room temperature and will cool the room down to around 25 degrees before switching off. Most likely your room remains around 26-27 degree for a long time (easily possible even during summer) and that sort of temperature isn’t comfortable.

Use an external thermometer to check the room temperature when the compressor is running and when it is off to determine whether or not the AC is working properly.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@Prasham :
Try changing your blanket man!
I keep my newer ACs at 26-27 and use a very thin sheet in place of a blanket. Older ACs need to be kept at 24-25 though.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
@Prasham :
Try changing your blanket man!
I keep my newer ACs at 26-27 and use a very thin sheet in place of a blanket. Older ACs need to be kept at 24-25 though.
First I tried a really thin sheet, then a kolhapuri kind of shawl and finally a mink blanket. In case of first 2, I feel cold when the temperature is at 25 but they feel decent to comfortable when the AC cuts off. In case of mink blanket I feel comfortable at 25 but can't bear it when the AC cuts off as it doesn't kick in back quick enough.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Just check, if your fan/blower also gets cut-off.
If yes, try playing with your fan settings and make sure it doesn't gets slow/off during thermostat cutting the compressor off.

P.S.: We use ceiling fan as well at a speed of 3 on a standard 5-speed regulator.

Big Daddy

Super User
AC not only cools the room it also lower humidity. When AC stops even when temperature raises by 1 degree, humidity may go up significantly causing discomfort under covers.