Air Conditioner Trouble

Anil_S

I have a Voltas Split a/c and face same issues.
In my view thermistor may be culprit. Changing that may help.
In my case I am going to change thermistor.

Other issue is the way split a/c are placed in room (at a height) . The cooler air settles down & the AC doesn't know it, making the room cooler that required, hence discomfort

omega

If such ACs did exist, it is easy to see why you never used that so-called 'feature'. With no air flow the thermostat sensor would take an eternity to sense when to cut in again!!
Not really. The fan switches on every few minutes for a few seconds to gauge the air temperature.

omega

I have an Onida 5* Split in my bed room. While cooling is great thermostat seems to be troubling a bit.

For example, if I keep temperature at 25 it cools, if I change it to 26 it cuts of the compressor and then takes really long time to switch it on. At 25 I need a blanket but when I keep it at 26 it becomes unbearable to sleep under a blanket. What could be the issue?
The room where I have a Daikin split has this issue. I have worked around it by keeping the fan speed constant at 1 and the louvre fixed at a position away from me.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Just check, if your fan/blower also gets cut-off.
If yes, try playing with your fan settings and make sure it doesn't gets slow/off during thermostat cutting the compressor off.

P.S.: We use ceiling fan as well at a speed of 3 on a standard 5-speed regulator.
Fan works. I keep it at slowest speed to keep the noise minimum. Increasing it makes it feel similar to a window AC :D
I tried using Ceiling fan but as I said when the compressor kicks in, its too cold and fan makes it it chilled. So can't use both :(

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
The room where I have a Daikin split has this issue. I have worked around it by keeping the fan speed constant at 1 and the louvre fixed at a position away from me.
I tried doing it but if I keep it away from me, it points at the bunk bed of kids, so that option doesn't really work :(

Big Daddy

Super User
Fan works. I keep it at slowest speed to keep the noise minimum. Increasing it makes it feel similar to a window AC :D
I tried using Ceiling fan but as I said when the compressor kicks in, its too cold and fan makes it it chilled. So can't use both :(
I have a table fan attached to remote control controlled on/off switch. I have tied the remote control to the top center of bed to switch the fan on and off. I struggled with this problem and the degree of precision you need can never be acheived so having this fan helps.

Admin01

Administrator
Is the heat at your place due to heat or humidity? If it is due to humidity, then try and use the dehumidifier mode in your AC. It will switch on and off the compressor more rapidly. It isn't as cold as the cooling mode, but it is good for getting rid of humidity.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is advised to use the ceiling fan while AC is running. ...
Only if you do not have a ceiling/rooftop that is exposed to the sun all day. In which case you would be trying to cool a 50 ton slab of concrete and that can cost a pretty penny!