Air Conditioner Trouble

skysat2005

Super User
Only if you do not have a ceiling/rooftop that is exposed to the sun all day. In which case you would be trying to cool a 50 ton slab of concrete and that can cost a pretty penny!
Anup Sir, It was assumed that the thread OP is not living on the top floor, with an exposed roof top :p

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
It is advised to use the ceiling fan while AC is running. You can comfortably set temperature around 26-27Deg C.
Once the compressor is cut off at 25, it takes ages before it starts again. At 26-27, I believe it will never re-start. Moreover once the compressor kicks in, its very chilled and if fan is on, it adds fuel to the fire.

Prasham

Is the heat at your place due to heat or humidity? If it is due to humidity, then try and use the dehumidifier mode in your AC. It will switch on and off the compressor more rapidly. It isn't as cold as the cooling mode, but it is good for getting rid of humidity.
Its heat. But I'll try and see if dehumidifer mode helps.

Prasham

BTW I cleaned the filters yesterday and saw that some dust was deposited on the fins of the inside unit of my AC. I have called a technician to service it. Lets see what happens once its serviced.