Air Purifiers, Are they any good ?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
It's a jugad solution, if you're ok with that, then it should be fine as well for filtering out PM 2.5 pollutants, as long as the HEPA filter works as advertised.

I for one, wouldn't go for it. Salil showed it to me, when I had bought my Philips air purifier. As per him, this solution looked like a better and more economical bet. He recently bought the same Philips air purifier as me, he didn't go for this :D.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Ended up ordering the second air purifier today, can’t have a situation where other members of the family breathe polluted air, while I get clean air. Ordered the Mi Air Purifier this time, even though I am satisfied with my Philips one. I guess I wanted to pit both of them against each other and see what comes out on top. Good thing was, there was a discount of 1k on it on Flipkart, so ordered it from them http://fkrt.it/u0kXQ!NNNN

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
This is what we breath in these days! My Philips Air Purifier’s (http://amzn.to/2hsNWdq) 6-month-old Philips HEPA filter on the left and new filter on the right. This filter comes after Prefilter (similar to AC) and Carbon Filter, both of which are cleaned weekly and have a huge amount of dust! This is the sort of dust that makes it inside of us and causes damage because it is too fine to filter out!

IMG_20171113_145820.jpg

tintin63

Guru
@Yogesh Sarkar Would be interesting to see your experience in comparing performance of these. I had reached out to you earlier and had made up my mind to order the Philips one. But I would be doing that only in December since it is for my Mumbai house which is unoccupied currently.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
@Yogesh Sarkar Would be interesting to see your experience in comparing performance of these. I had reached out to you earlier and had made up my mind to order the Philips one. But I would be doing that only in December since it is for my Mumbai house which is unoccupied currently.
Sure. At least for now it seems MI is working better than Philips and cleans airmhch better. But it is also consuming a lot of filter life, usually more than 1% a day.

tintin63

Guru
Sure. At least for now it seems MI is working better than Philips and cleans airmhch better. But it is also consuming a lot of filter life, usually more than 1% a day.
How many hours of operation per day?
That way you'd have to replace every three months or so. How much do they cost?