Airbag Light activated for no reason.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Till last evening everything was fine.
This morning the moment I started the car i saw that airbag light is continuously on.
Right now i am at maruti noida. They are checking and say it may take whole day to find fault.

Only thing that happened in night was a rat was roaming in car and engine bay.

Can we deactivate airbag? Can i drive like this?

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Thanks. Update:

Fast track Maruti guys did an OBD analysis. Says that Passenger seat belt has problem and hence the light.
They openend the seat belt but did not find any issue there. However recommended a replacement. I dont know why Airbag light is on for this. Belt is functioning though.

I am still doubtful that Rat is culprit. ZXI one seat belt costs Rs. 15,200. :shock: And said that Airbag deactivation is not possible.

I have driven 40 KM since then but scared thinking what if AirBag gets deployed. Frankly I prefer to deactivate them rather then having a Faulty one.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this Recall on GV and SX4 of 2007-2011.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1086963_2006-2011-suzuki-grand-vitara-2007-2011-sx4-recalled-for-airbag-issue

2007~2011 Suzuki SX4 vehicles may develop an electric circuit disconnection, due to flexing, within the Front Passenger Sensing System sensor-mat that is built into the passenger seat bottom cushion assembly.
If this condition occurs, the “AIR BAG” light in the instrument cluster and front passenger’s seat belt reminder light will come on. , the air bag system will continue to operate as designed.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1312 identifying this condition will be stored in the vehicle on board system (OBD)

This came in June2013. Dont know if India was included in recall.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
They openend the seat belt but did not find any issue there. However recommended a replacement. .....
2007~2011 Suzuki SX4 vehicles may develop an electric circuit disconnection, due to flexing, within the Front Passenger Sensing System sensor-mat that is built into the passenger seat bottom cushion assembly.
Did they check the passenger sensing system sensor mat?

jeetcp

Mediocre me
I dont know what they checked and what code they got on OBD. I did not go to shop floor area at that time. The SA just said seat belt needs replacement.
I think I need to give them another visit to know the code number.

Did they check the passenger sensing system sensor mat?