All things Money Thread

Akash Deep

The main reason for revenue losses is the competitiveness of AI with other carriers. They are more expensive than private airlines and they have the most unprofessional staff with a "Sab Chalta hai Attitude". I mean see their flight Stewarts and the air hostess. They have already reached almost the double of their service age in that role.

Big Daddy

Super User

Theloststory

Don't really know why Air India makes losses, but I surely have no problem with older women working as Air Hostesses. They have a right to livelihood irrespective of age and our constitution agrees as well.

I wonder how private carriers say good bye to their air hostesses? "Sorry you are developing sagging skin so off you go"?

Air India for me has always been about slightly better leg room, haven't really been delayed even once, food is decent too. The could get new upholstery but if they aren't making money that's difficult. Plus being a government entity they have to service many a unprofitable sector, which private operators can either refuse or run minimal just for regulation.

I am not a fan of surge pricing. If someone has an emergency in the family and want to book tickets it's like 40k? Rubbish.

Companies can differentiate using brand building and quality of service. Best example is Apple. In a category no one could imagine they could pull it off.

Big Daddy

Super User
Modi-Trump meeting is turning point for India. I would even call it dangerous time for Indian economy. America will win this round the question is by how much? Too much win, and cost of living in India will increase significantly. What is favoring America is unemployment situation in India. India's ever growing population of young people gives major economies leverage over India. America would want more access to Indian markets and protection of intellectual property rights, both would mean higher cost of living in India because prices will be in equivalent dollars. In particular, America would want access to medical devices market. These devices are expensive (American health care is the most expensive in the world), and that would mean Indian health care costs skyrocketing. Health insurance bills can rise significantly, and some insurance companies could go bankrupt. Traditionally, India has disregarded intellectual property rights and manufactured these devices to lower cost of health care.

It is possible that Modi may increase taxes further to fund concessions he will end up making. For example, Modi may end up buying a lot of military equipment from the US. The drone deal might be the first. That deal might cost $3 billion and then the F-16 deal, if it happens, will cost $15 billion over several years. The F-16 deal will get India a lot of jobs and security but it will also benefit the US. US may make some concessions in IT arena but the meeting is going to be more favorable to the US.

citymonk

Super User
Trump is also trying to sell natural gas to India so that India can remove its dependence from Iran.
At same time ONGC is working hard to find new Gas sources in India itself. But Greedy Reliance brorhers too are playing dirty games in same sector to undermine ONGCs efforts.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Posts removed.

Stick to the topic at hand. Politics is only allowed to be discussed in Bakar section and even that option is now being reconsidered due to it spilling over into other sections repeatedly and without cause or need.

Akash Deep

Trump is also trying to sell natural gas to India so that India can remove its dependence from Iran.
Technically, USA would never be able to supply gas or oil to India. And the reason is simple as it the cost that derives everything. Importing gas from USA will be very expensive for India. We will have to pay more than 2.5 times the price that we pay to Iran.
I hope we know that in all our oil exports, Iran provides us the cheapest crude. Second reason of this attempt by the US to be a failure is geopolitics. Iran has a strategic significance for India. We are developing one of Iran's port which is very near to Pakistan and also will give India Access to Afghanistan, Russia and other countries bypassing Pakistan.