All you wanted to know about traveling to Leh – Ladakh

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You can travel from Srinagar to Leh in a day, as long as you start early in the morning and don’t get delayed due to convoys, protests, checking or landslides. However, as Nadeem said, you will miss out on so many things, but trying to do this at a fast pace.

You need Inner Line Permit for Nubra and Pangong. No permit needed for Leh – Manali.

jitenderpathania

Globetrekker
You can travel from Srinagar to Leh in a day, as long as you start early in the morning and don’t get delayed due to convoys, protests, checking or landslides. However, as Nadeem said, you will miss out on so many things, but trying to do this at a fast pace.

You need Inner Line Permit for Nubra and Pangong. No permit needed for Leh – Manali.
Yogesh Ji,

Please advise if NRI's will require some different permit to visit Nubra Valley or is it the same as for Indian Residents

Thanks !!

jitenderpathania

Globetrekker
Please advise if Pangong - Man - Merak - Chusul - Mahe - Sumdo - Tso Moriri route can be done in one day.

Also need help with the road conditions and is it advisable to do on Wagon R

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Please advise if Pangong - Man - Merak - Chusul - Mahe - Sumdo - Tso Moriri route can be done in one day.

Also need help with the road conditions and is it advisable to do on Wagon R
It can be done and will likely take you around 12 hours. Road from Spangmik to Tsaga is a dirt track and there are a few sand stretches and water crossings before Chushul, where the car can get stuck, if you aren't careful.

Alternatively, you can take the Tangste - Chushul route, which doesn't runs along the Pangong Tso, but is in good condition.

jitenderpathania

Globetrekker
Need advise if there will be accommodation available in Pang around 20th Sep. We have dropped the idea of Tso Moriri. So from Pangong will take Manali route via Karu.

I think we can only manage till Pang in a day from Pangong........ Sarchu might be tough to reach in a days time [-(

Any recommendations

CADA

Do we have mobile connectivity with Airtel postpaid connection in Leh & Nubra
I couldnot get signal on my airtel postpaid most of the times once i was enroute to ktop. No signals at nubra valley or pangong either. Only mtnl postpaid roaming on cellone (bsnl) could get some signals at hunder. We were almost cut off from everyone back home for 2 days at nubra and pangong. We had informed the same to our families back home when we left leh.

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk