Amazon Fire Stick 4k, Audio Out of Sync

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I have an Amazon Fire Stick 4k and I have noticed the audio going out of sync, after the Fire Stick wakes up from the sleep mode. This only occurs when the Dolby or Dolby Plus mode is enabled and not in the stereo mode. The only way to fix this issue temporarily is to restart the fire stick.

Fire Stick is plugged into VU 4k TV and the TV is connected to speakers via the 3.5mm AV out jack.

Is anyone else facing similar issue or knows how to disable the sleep mode for the fire stick?

Because the audio quality in stereo only mode is pathetic, in comparison to Dolby Plus and I did not face this issue, when I was using Roku Streaming Stick.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
I face this issue almost daily on the normal firestick. I just go back to home and resume viewing the program and it sync up. Never had to restart the firestick.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I face this issue almost daily on the normal firestick. I just go back to home and resume viewing the program and it sync up. Never had to restart the firestick.
After how many minutes does that happen? I have tried running the videos run for a few minutes but it does not sync up on its own.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
The snyc up is almost immediate as soon as the viewing resumes. The only thing noticeable is that it happens more when I view something on Hotstar.
This does not seem to happen in case of Fire Stick 4k. Though most of the time I am watching YouTube, so it might be the reason behind it. Let me test and see whether this out of sync issue occurs more on YouTube than other apps.