An Incomplete Winter Spiti Trip

patang

I planned this winter Spiti trip long ago. Few local Trek organizers of Himachal told me to come in April as the weather will be temperate. But I follow 2/3 travel blogs for this kind of difficult solo trips who advised that March is the best time for this trip because buses ply more regularly in the second half of March and one can manage to enjoy white Spiti at the same time. I bought train tickets during November-19 in Kalka mail this time. My plan was to go till Mud Village and on the way back visit semi-frozen Kinnaur.

In the mean time Corona arrived and I asked for advice here.

Advices ::

I boarded on Kalka mail on 14 th March. My return tickets were on 27 th March from Shimla .

Here is the rest of the travelogue
hp3.jpg

Shimla Signature picture

hp9.jpg

Kufri

hp1.jpg

hp4.jpg

Sunset from Shimla Kalibari

hp7.jpg

hp6.jpg

On the way to Narkanda

hp11.jpg

Somewhere on the way to Pooh

hp12.jpg

Early morning at Nako

hp17.JPG

Early morning at Peo bus stand

hp22.JPG

From Nako

hp23.JPG

Nako Lake

hp18.JPG

Recong Peo bus stand

hp24.JPG

Nako Lake

hp25.JPG

Kalpa

hp29.JPG

Kalpa

hp31.JPG

From Recong Peo Market

hp34.JPG

hp38.JPG

hp50.JPG

Nako lake

hp51.JPG

My guide to Nako lake

hp52.JPG

Baspa river

hp63.JPG

Pooh

hp30.JPG

Bulls at Peo Chawk

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

mousourik

Who Am I
Ohhh great. This must be an interesting log full of wonderful experiences - encounter with splendid nature and scary man-made situations.

From the pics it seems that you could not make it to Mud.
Did you try to walk on Nako lake. at least on the fringes, with the help of your guide (looked like Himachali version of the nulias of Puri)?
Snow at Kufri - reminds us of Satyajit Ray short story Baxo Rahasaya (Mystery of box).

rameshtahlan

Super User
Great going.
Waiting for more.

Which year was this. I tried to find out the year in your story, but could not find it.
Would be great if you could mention the Year in the start of your story.

Happy Landings.

patang

Great going.
Waiting for more.

Which year was this. I tried to find out the year in your story, but could not find it.
Would be great if you could mention the Year in the start of your story.

Happy Landings.
When did Corona virus arrived ? Which year ? Did you previously ever heard about Corona pandemic ?

I have given a link for the short details of the trip in my introductory reference.

Happily landed in the nick of time :D:D:D:D

Best wishes.

patang

Not
Ohhh great. This must be an interesting log full of wonderful experiences - encounter with splendid nature and scary man-made situations.

From the pics it seems that you could not make it to Mud.
Did you try to walk on Nako lake. at least on the fringes, with the help of your guide (looked like Himachali version of the nulias of Puri)?
Snow at Kufri - reminds us of Satyajit Ray short story Baxo Rahasaya (Mystery of box).
Could not reach Mud village. I had to come down from Nako. It was the penultimate day when I was accommodated. Next day I stayed in Kalpa. From 21th March onward Spiti and Himachal Pradesh hotels got closed for all tourists.

None was there on the roads in the early morning. It was -7/-8 degree temperature and that girl helped me to find out the lake.

Initially I was upset for the set back. It is now like something is better than nothing.

Did not know about the Ray's movie shooting spot.

Best wishes.

rameshtahlan

Super User
When did Corona virus arrived ? Which year ? Did you previously ever heard about Corona pandemic ?

I have given a link for the short details of the trip in my introductory reference.

Happily landed in the nick of time :D:D:D:D

Best wishes.
So you boarded the train on 14 Mar 2020. And i am still guessing.

I still wish you would start your introductory with some proper month and year, like June 2019 or Jan 2015,
However, if you don't want to do it, don't,
I have lost interest in this story.
so please continue what ever you want to do.
it was a simple request, but appears that is a heavy burden to you.