An Outing in Oman

Discussion in 'Travelogues from around the world' started by Mon!l, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Mon!l

Mon!l New Member

Being a son of a father who loves travelling, its in my blood to explore new places, connect with new people and desire to see the magical world created by the supreme.

Oman was never on my bucket list though, but if opportunity presents who cares just pack your backpacks and roll on. Such was the occasion when my dad got a job posting in Oman, so Googling initiated what all Oman is all about, where all there`s a chance to get on a hike, trail, snap and lost.

1 (233).JPG

2. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Great Intro !
    Great Start !

3. Mon!l

Mon!l New Member

Thanks mate but there`s no way I can edit the same thread!!
    So donno how to complete the same!! Any clues ?

adsatinder likes this.
  4. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

Of course you can add to this thread by adding new posts to this thread.

adsatinder likes this.
  5. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Please proceed now !

BAM BAM likes this.
  6. BAM BAM

BAM BAM Harish

Oman......a lovely country!! just to share my experiences @Mon!l

1. Waheeba sands for desert drive
    2. Dolphin Watch
    3. Qurm beach for a daily walk
    4. Shangrila resort, the drive from new muscat city is awesome!!

Overall the roads are a treat to drive or ride

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
    Mon!l and adsatinder like this.
  7. Mon!l

Mon!l New Member

The next question arose that what would be ideal time to visit the Beautiful Gulf country…being working at a private company leaves are prime concern to anyone and I had to plan such a way that no one`s leave got clash with mine…Also it was just Eureka Moment took me conspire my birthday celebration in March, pretty clear the destination to rock on a quarter of birthdays cruising into Wadi`s, Rocky Terrains, Coastlines and Oasis in Oman. As the time pass by my leaves got confirmed and that`s the time to fly off to Oman!!! Here I come Omannnnnn <3

Also first my experience of flight!! Wasn’t that scary as people brag about: p

Built up to flight cannot be more stupefying as I rushed back to my home(Surat) from my workplace (Jamnagar, 23rd March 2016) and next day had to travel to Ahmedabad to board the flight. As I left Surat early on 24th morning 10AM by train carrying all luggage leanest to the weight allowable, the train got stuck due to line collapse that too both lines !! How on earth the busiest railway route in the world can be down like anything!! It halted at a major stop (Bharuch, 12PM) en-route to Ahmedabad and still about four hours of journey to be completed…I had to make a critical decision whether to leave train and catch a bus for Ahmedabad, already 2PM still in Bharuch stuck up badly… But consulted by of local relatives and friends made my decision precise and I moved off to NH08 from station and luckily got bus within next half an hour. And reached Vadodara by 4:30PM and best friend of mine drove me to my Uncle`s who dropped me to SVP International Airport Terminal -2 by car at 7:45PM, two hours to take off..After some nerve cracking moments!!!

Got my passport verified, boarding pass collected and cleared off to finally take off!!! Ohh yea made it!! Thank God!!!

Two and a half hours flight time to Muscat from Ahmedabad, reached Oman at 11 PM (OST). VISA approval was tedious and consumed couple of hours and after collecting my luggage grabbed cab arranged by dad for Sur. Muscat was buzzing with streetlights like yellow neon and track seemed like a NFS Race circuit: p Cars guzzling at 150 kmph…6 lanes…dream come true for a driver to just keep cruising like there’s no end to the road... took two and a half hour drive accompanied by a pit stop at a cafeteria saw me through to Sur, eagerly waiting to meet dad. And dozed off to end a rollercoaster of a day.

8. Mon!l

Mon!l New Member

Day 1 : Striding across Sur

2 (6).JPG

2 (29).JPG

2 (35).JPG

2 (45).JPG

umeshparikh, BAM BAM and rkbalaji like this.
  9. Mon!l

Mon!l New Member

Sur did seem quite a city at night, but in morning it looked more familiar. Striding across the lengths and widths got us to some cool places with luxurious and racing cars pass by…the Sur city beach, the coastline and the Sur Souk (Sur bazaar). The walk across the coastline and beach is beautifully maintained by sketched art of attractions in Oman. It’s a neat and clean city, we though felt that we`re the only guys walking as rest all pass by in cars!!! It’s a bad choice I felt for a trip in March as it was getting hotter since morning.

Breaking off to evening hike for half an hour through Sur streets, took us to a watch tower across Khor Al Batah bridge which seemed a far distance off the Sur Souk, after a rocky walk for 15 mins, the stunning views during the dusk just make end the day on a high, whole city with bright colors with dark mountains in backlit, the sunset, the boat factory, Sur marine drive road(like Mumbai ;-) ) and the indigo waters of the bay.

Must Haves !!!

2 (12).JPG

Sketches

2 (22).JPG
    2 (23).JPG

2 (47).JPG

The bridge and the watch tower in background

2 (32).JPG

The shipyard and the city
    2 (51).JPG
    Dusk and the City

IMG_20160326_180324.jpg