Android Mobiles : Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Electronics and Consumer Durables' started by adsatinder, Jan 3, 2017.

1. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Many WhatsApp users with certain Android handsets are complaining on social media about being unable to use WhatsApp since midnight. And due to what? A shocking “WhatsApp became obsolete on 13-Jan-2018” error! In case you are facing the similar issue, here’s how you can fix the issue without losing your conversations or data without the need to uninstall WhatsApp.

From what we have seen already, this issue appears to be affecting only WhatsApp users with certain Android handsets, and it is impossible to proceed further without uninstalling the app. However, uninstalling WhatsApp will lead to other problems like losing your WhatsApp messages, pictures and videos.

Whatsapp-Obsolete-604x1024.jpg

WhatsApp has acknowledged the issue and will release a fix soon. But you need not wait till then. Here is how you can fix ‘WhatsApp Obsolete’ issue safely without uninstalling WhatsApp or losing any of your existing WhatsApp data:

Step 1: First things first, you have to enable ‘Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.’ Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Toggle ‘Unknown sources’ switch. These steps may vary depending on your model

App_permission-e1515829847817.jpg

Step 2: Go to whatsapp.com/android and download the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger. If you download the APK on your phone, you can install it then and there itself. Simply tap the downloaded APK and hit ‘install.’

Step 3: That’s it! Whatsapp will update your existing installation and it will no longer be ‘Obsolete’. Now you can start using WhatsApp again just like nothing happened.

Step 4: Once the installation is complete, don’t forget to disable ‘Allow installation from unknown sources’ just to be on the safe side. Once again, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Toggle ‘Unknown sources’ switch to disable it for security purposes.

Let the forwards begin!

https://www.techook.com/news/how-to-fix-whatsapp-became-obsolete-issue-without-losing-data/

I am also facing it in Redmi 4 & Redmi Note 4 both.
    This is useless issue created out of nowhere !
    There is no update at all in Google playstore for this sort of thing.

I simply adjusted my mobile's date to back date and rebooted the mobile.
    It worked again without any issue.
    Till it is fixed, my clock will be back in date 11 jan.
    By doing it 13 Jan. it is again same problem.
    Better worked this way.

2. Download apk from here:
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Now it is working if downloaded by a PC.
    On mobile it is difficult to download.
    This also worked.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. adsatinder

3. adsatinder

How To Unlock Any App lock in just 10 second .....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  4. adsatinder

Unlimited Free Calling RevealName Call withOut Appe Call internet

बिना सिम कार्ड के किसी से भी बात करो अनलिमिटेड

Hello friends.. Friends es video me Maine aapko bataya hai ki aap Kisi ko bhi Bina SIM card ke kaise call Kar sakte hai ....
    aur dosto ye website ek din me sirf 3 Baar call Kar Sakti hai ....
    Agar aapko ye video achha laga to Like Jarur Kar dena Search Reveal Name in chrome or opera browser

RevealName
    Reverse Phone Lookup | 100% FREE, Get Full Name | RevealName

Calling with a Private Number - Anonymous Call | RevealName (2017)

5. adsatinder

6. adsatinder

Samsung S3's battery was not behaving normally from last few years.
    I just read the battery usage in its task manager, about abnormal battery consuming problem.
    Solution was to restart mobile by pressing
    Volume Up + Power Key + Menu Key
    Simultaneously for 8 seconds.

I just did that and released Menu key and Android 4.3 system reboot option appeared.
    I rebooted it.
    Now battery is working good.

Otherwise it was going to finish in 15-30 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. adsatinder

How to RECOVER DELETED MESSAGES on ANDROID ?

Step 1. First of all in your windows PC download and install the tool Android Data Recovery.
    Step 2. Now you have to enable USB debugging in your android for that you have to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number and tap on it 7-10 times. Now you will see developer option in your settings and tap on it and scroll down and enable USB Debugging
    Step 3. Now launch the tool that you installed in your PC and from there select your android version and proceed by connecting your android to your PC via USB cable. Now select the messages at the recovery section and then simply click on next.
    Step 4. Now the Android Data Recovery software will ask you to Allow/Grant/ Authorize the access in order to get the privilege to scan SMS data. simply allow it
    Step 5. Now after the scan gets completed you will see all the deleted text messages from the android device, click on the items you want to restore and then click on “Recover” button.
    That’s it! you are done, now the restoring process will begin and all your messages will get recover.

Ref: Zippytricks

8. adsatinder

Top 10 Android File Transfer Apps to Swap Android Files - dr.fone

Top 10 Android File Transfer Apps to Swap Android Files
    Most of us store many files on our smartphones and we store just as many if not many more on our computers. And if you're anything like me, you find yourself constantly needing to share files between your portable devices or to and from your PC. Fortunately if you're an Android user, that's a very simple task.

dr.fone - Transfer (Android) is a great Android File Transfer Software to help you transfer files between Android devices and computer, including music, videos, photos, albums, contacts, messages and more.

[​IMG]
    dr.fone - Transfer (Android)
    One Stop Solution to Transfer Files between Android and Computer

• Transfer files between Android and computer, including contacts, photos, music, SMS, and more.
    • Manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
    • Transfer iTunes to Android (vice versa).
    • Manage your Android device on computer.
    • Fully compatible with Android 8.0.
    Available on: Start Download
    3981454 people have downloaded it
    Android File Transfer - Transfer Files from Computer to Android
    Transfer Music from Computer to Android

[​IMG]

Transfer Photos from Computer to Android

[​IMG]

Import Contacts from Computer to Android

[​IMG]

Android File Transfer - Transfer Files from Android to Computer
    Transfer Music from Android to Computer

[​IMG]

Transfer Photos from Android to Computer

[​IMG]

Backup Contacts from Android to Computer

[​IMG]

1. SuperBeam
    android file transfer app that allows you to make Wi-Fi direct connections between devices. Wi-Fi direct bypasses the Wi-Fi access point for its connection, meaning two devices can connect directly to each other wirelessly, resulting in a faster transfer. The sharing options include files & folders, music, photos, videos, apps, documents and if you have SuperBeam contacts plugin installed, you can also share your contacts. Probably the coolest feature of this app is that it uses a nice QR scan approach so that all your data is kept safe. This app is free, with a $2 pro version.

[​IMG]

2. AirDroid (4.5/5 stars)
    AirDroid is a free android file transfer app you can get from the Play Store that allows you to transfer files and control your smart phone from your computer within a web browser. You can use any web browser, any computer or device that is hardware and operating system agnostic. Anything that has a full web browser will do. Simply open the application up on your phone and follow the instructions. It will give you a unique IP address that you should enter into the address bar in the other device’s web browser and it will also give you a password so you can log in. This is a secure connection and as long as you keep that password private and select HTTPS, you should be safe. Once you login, you can immediately see all the information on your phone. You get real-time stats on your phone such as battery life and storage and you can also see what is on your device: pictures, music, movies. You can access all of this information directly from the web browser. You can also add or delete files from your phone, install new applications, delete applications, take screenshots and pretty much everything.

[​IMG]

3. Send Anywhere (4.5/5 stars)
    Of all the apps presented here, Send Anywhere has the easiest user interface. It is much safer than normal File Transfer Protocol as there is no third-party's server involved in the connection. It uses a six digit and a QR code for added security. It does not offer the fastest transfer speeds but it gets the job done.

[​IMG]

4. SHAREit (4.5/5 stars)
    Want the simplest way to transfer your files from your Android phone to any other device? Use SHAREit! It works great on cross platforms and has very high compatibility with Samsung devices. If you have your phone charging across the room, you can simply start the transfer and forget about it. You don't have to worry about anything. This best Samsung transfer app just runs in the background and once it completes, you're good to go.

[​IMG]

5. Wi-Fi File Explorer (4.5/5 stars)
    One of the premium options that I've been using for a long time is called Wi-Fi File Explorer. It is basically just a file explorer for your phone in your web browser such as the one AirDroid offers but this one is a little more bare bones and straight to the point. I prefer it for transferring files as AirDroid is a little more for controlling everything. If I only need to transfer a single file, I usually fire up Wi-Fi file explorer. When you first open Wi-Fi file explorer, like AirDroid it will give you a unique IP address. Navigate to that using your computer's web browser. Choose the files that you either want to download or upload and wait for the transfer to complete.

[​IMG]

6. Xender (4.5/5 stars)
    Xender is the one app that focusses mainly on speed. It is best for large transfers like movies as it provides transfer speeds of more than 4MB/s. One problem with this app though is that some antiviruses may detect it as malware. So, there is the possibility that your sensitive information gets leaked.

[​IMG]

7. Dropbox (4.5/5 stars)
    A tried and true method that I've been using for much longer than any of the other methods is called Dropbox. It's nothing new and many of you probably already use it or know what it is. Basically it's a cloud storage service that allows you to store your files remotely and access them from pretty much any device you may own. You can install Dropbox on your computer or any of your mobile devices and sync files between them. It’s literally as easy as dragging and dropping a file into the Dropbox folder on your computer or simply choosing a file to upload to Dropbox from your phone. Once the upload finishes, the file is accessible on any of your Dropbox capable devices. The problem with Dropbox however is that the transfer is a little slower. The reason Wi-Fi File Explorer is a little faster and better is because it is a direct connection over your local Wi-Fi network. Dropbox sends a file to a remote server and then you have to download it. There are a few steps in the background that slow this process down but it's great if you need one file on multiple devices.

[​IMG]

8. Fast File Transfer (4/5 stars)
    As its name implies, Fast File Transfer allows you to transfer your files at lightning speeds and with relative ease. Like SuperBeam, it also uses Wi-Fi Direct, which makes it one of the best choices for transferring large files. It works especially well when transferring data between Samsung devices. Also, this Samsung transfer app supports a large variety of media, including photos, videos, music and many more.

[​IMG]

9. HitcherNet (4/5 stars)
    By making use of Wi-Fi Direct technology, HitcherNet allows much faster transfers and what’s better is that you do not have to rely on routers or internet connectivity. It is an app that is rapidly gaining in popularity because of its fast speeds but some users have found that file transfer is sometimes interrupted and has to be restarted.

[​IMG]

10. Bluetooth File Transfer (4/5 stars)
    Bluetooth File Transfer uses File Transfer Profile (FTP) and ob_x_ject Push Profile (OPP) to allow you to manage and explore any device that is Bluetooth compatible. This app has quite a few interesting features but one main problem is that the transfers are very slow. However, it ensures that there is no personal information leak as only authorized devices can communicate with each other.

[​IMG]

Top 10 Android File Transfer Apps to Swap Android Files - dr.fone

9. adsatinder

If you want to shift data as FOLDER to PC / Laptop from Android then
    I use Shareit.
    Shareit on PC / Laptop is best to transfer a Folder.
    Files can be transferred easily via any method.
    Only some apps transfer Folders as it is to PC / Laptop.

Superbeam is another app.
    Try it.

Those who want to transfer files and folders via old wimdows
    can use AIRDROID app in browser.
    Files can be downloaded easily.
    Folders are downloaded in compressed/zip from only.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. adsatinder