Anniv gift for wife: droid phone

amigo

Hi I'm looking to gift my wife an android phone with a 5MP camera.
She's an apple fangirl but can't wait for apple to release the iphone4 in india (need warranty)- so basically it has to be just as good. My budget is upto 35k max.

Pls help suggest a good phone as she will use it for atleast 3 yrs!

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
Hi I'm looking to gift my wife an android phone with a 5MP camera.
She's an apple fangirl but can't wait for apple to release the iphone4 in india (need warranty)- so basically it has to be just as good. My budget is upto 35k max.

Pls help suggest a good phone as she will use it for atleast 3 yrs!
if she is an apple fangirl,why dont you gift her a 3GS,it is still on sale,with bill and warranty.
only downside,is 3.2MP camera,but it is good enough.
i recently bought a 3GS and very happy with it.:)

loungefly

aimless wanderer
+1 for the galaxy s... been using the galaxy 3 for sometime now.. and the galaxy s should definitely be wayyy better.. plus with the camera apps on android.. the camera mega pixel shouldn't matter much i guess.. unless you're taking prints..

amigo

Thanks guys. The galaxy s sure makes sense with a 4in screen, 5mp camera with hd recording, android apps and a price tag of 26k.

The 3gs did surely cross my mind but since she'll be using the phone for a long time- current phone is almost 4 years old, a Nokia n72! Would def like to give her something a little future ready and 31k seems a little steep for the features. Moreover, she already has the ipod touch...

Just also saw a 12mp samsung camera phone for 29k but seems a little gimicky.

deejay

no longer active
Galaxy S all the way. I am very satisfied with it and its one of the best out there. But do watch out mainly for 1. the battery life (not more than a day) and 2. No flash on the 5 mp camera.

Apart from the 2 points above, its a gorgeous phone. The best the money can buy today. If any of the 2 drawbacks are high on your list, especially the battery, then steer clear of this and almost every 3+ inch touchscreen, do it all phones.

vedi

Ankit Chaturvedi
+ for galaxy s , its a superb phone..

you can also look at motoroal droid( if its availabe here in India..)

or SE Xperia is also a very good phone...with the latest Android version to be available soon on it..