Another trip to Ladakh - September 2018

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Gaurav Tomar, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Gaurav Tomar

Gaurav Tomar Active Member

Hi All,

This was the road trip I was thinking to do from a long time. After reading a lot of T'logs and as per my earlier visit to Ladakh in 2017, It was decided to do this trip in the month of September.

Best in terms of weather condition, less tourists and good roads - what else a traveler wants :)

We 3 colleagues Gaurav, Subbu & me took 10 working days leave which was not an issue since we planned it well in advance. We had maximum window of 16 days for this trip including 3 weekends, prepared an itinerary for 14 days with an ease.

My Vaayu (Swift) was prepared to take us on this dream drive.

Day 1 & 2
    07/09 ( Fri) started around 8 pm after office and ended on 08/09 (Sat).

Delhi to Srinagar was done via Mughal Road covering 1023 kms in 22 hours.

Route taken: Delhi - Pathankot - Jammu - Akhnoor - Rajouri - Bufliaz - Shadra Sharif - DKG - Peer Ki Gali - Shopian - Srinagar.

PS: Mughal Road was not in our original itinerary but it was in my To do list from a long time. Thanks to Ajay Jagga and Puneet Verma whom we joined in Jammu and re-routed our plan within 2 mins.

I will let the pictures talk about the drive of these days :)

More to come in next few days....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

uturn, bali amit, JourneyGuy and 11 others like this.
  2. swastik_shillong

swastik_shillong Wanderer

Nice start.

3. jitenderpathania

jitenderpathania Globetrekker

Great start Gaurav Bhai........... :rolleyes:

Looking forward for the main T-Log to begin :popcorn:

Gaurav Tomar likes this.
  4. raman mittal

raman mittal Raman Mittal

Gaurav Tomar likes this.
  5. Hiregoudar

Hiregoudar Active Member

Good Start Gaurav.

Gaurav Tomar likes this.
  6. Alpha

Alpha Going to Neverland

nice start !!

7. Gaurav Tomar

Day 3
    09/09 (Sun), Srinagar to Kargil via Sonamarg, Zoji La & Drass done covering 215 kms in approx 10 hours.

So after a long drive day, plan was to do further drives in day time only and with an ease we started around 9 am from Srinagar towards our next halt Sonamarg.

After few photo breaks enroute, It took us around 2.5 hours to reach Sonamarg where we spent 1 hour and moved towards Zoji La.

Roads conditions were deteriorated while approaching towards Zoji La but we did not struggle much in small car anywhere to cross Zoji La. One hour Maggie break taken at Zoji La before moving towards Kargil and suddenly realised low air pressure in one of the tyre but it was not problematic.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Gaurav Tomar

After an hour drive, I spotted a beautiful gorge on right downside of the road and after a couple of kilometres I realised to go back and see what that place is. It was a beautiful gorge with nobody around and water was gushing amazingly there.

It was just 6 kms before Drass so 30 mins photo break taken there before reaching Drass War Memorial. It's a must visit place to witness the bravery of our Armed Forces, they gave their today for our Future.

After Drass, our next stop was Kargil where we ended our day, we took 1.5 hours to reach Kargil from Drass War Memorial as one of our tyre was punctured we were looking for a repair shop but max we could do is filled Air and moved on with a thought of getting it repaired in Kargil next day. IMG_20180909_144532.jpeg IMG_20180909_144800.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Great Breaks !
    Great Moves !
    Great Views !
    Great Team !
    Great Pics !

10. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Please share more info & important points, views, pics etc. about Mughal Road !