Another trip to Ladakh - September 2018

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by Gaurav Tomar, Oct 8, 2018.

1. nadz11.ns

nadz11.ns Super User

Nicely presented log =D>

The open landspace of this side is amazing.

Gaurav Tomar likes this.
  2. raman mittal

raman mittal Raman Mittal

Gaurav Tomar likes this.
  3. Gaurav Tomar

Gaurav Tomar Active Member

This shot was taken from Hanle Observatory, object is Vaayu and Monastery in the background ..

Google coordinates are: -
    32.779488 78.965359
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

adsatinder likes this.
  4. Gaurav Tomar

Thanks Raman Bhai

5. Gaurav Tomar

Thank you brother

6. Gaurav Tomar

[​IMG] Polakongka La
    Day 11
    17/09 (Mon), Hanle to Sarchu

We started our return journey from here as Tso Moriri was cancelled already, had aloo ke parathe in breakfast and left from Hanle at 7:45 with target of covering maximum distance. I called up Master Ji (Narender Gautam) a day before to check whether we can reach Jispa from Hanle or not, he responded positively if we start at 5 but it was a bit late start. Anyhow we did not want to run through just to cover maximum distance so decided to go easy and see things on the way.

Morning was cold, water flowing on the road yesterday was frozen this morning - Hanle to Loma covered in 50 mins with a photo break. After crossing Loma, we saw different colour of soil and red coloured mountains all around - it was a magnificent view of that region near Nyoma. We reached Mahe around 10:20 from where took left towards Debring which connects on Leh - Manali highway. Another isolated pass was on the way named as 'Polakongka La' (I literally read this name multiple times to remember) few kms before Tso Kar. Road from Mahe to Tso Kar was all dirt track so with few photo breaks we reached Debring at 13:30. [​IMG] Sonam Dorjay at Padma Guest House, an HVKian too [​IMG] Frozen water on the way..[​IMG] Subbu posing somewhere near Nyoma..[​IMG] What a colourful road [​IMG] Just before Loma Bend..[​IMG] Vaayu posing in barren land [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

adsatinder and gkapoor like this.
  7. Gaurav Tomar

Now Pang was some 50 kms from Debring but we turned opposite side just to see 'Tanglang La' which was 23 kms from Debring but completely off route. Roads were superb from Debring and we reached Tanglang La by 14:00, fresh snow was lying there as pass received snow fall that morning only. After few clicks at Tanglang La, we moved back to Debring and took a Maggie break there. Started from Debring at 15:00 and reached Pang in 50 mins, excellent roads till Pang and after a long time we used 5th gear

Moved from Pang after a photo break and road started vanishing in just couple of kms.
    We gained more height after Pang (15280 ft) to Lachungla (16616 ft) then Nakeela (15547 ft). We reached Sarchu by 18:30 and decided to stay overnight there only, found a small tin covered room in Sarchu @ 200 per person without meal as there was no other place to stay between Sarchu and Jispa which was far away to cover that much of distance that time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

adsatinder likes this.
  8. Gaurav Tomar

Approaching Tanglang La..

adsatinder likes this.
  9. Gaurav Tomar

Day 12
    18/09 (Tue), Sarchu to Manali

This was the coldest morning we encountered during our trip or I would say we got up so early first time in the trip - it was 5:40 and we were ready to roll. I splashed some water on the windscreen and in few seconds it got freezed then another mug of warm water was splashed to clear the glass, thanks to Dhaba owner for our early morning start at 6. We reached Baralacha La by 7:30 and continued moving on, took a break at Tandi petrol pump to fuel up the tank and had breakfast nearby.

Rohtang was crossed at 11:45, roads were in very bad shape between Gramphu and Rohtang as expected. We stuck in a traffic jam near Kothi for almost 2.5 hours due to an accident which delayed our arrival at Manali however we were connected to internet so got busy all the jam time in checking office e-mails etc. Found a hotel near Mall Road and checked in there as plan was just to take rest and go easy from here on. An hour was spent in hotel room then moved to see Mall Road (my first time), I personally didn't find mall road worth spending more than 15 mins infact I will not prefer visiting it again. Anyhow we had nothing else to do, quick walk then dinner on Mall road only and we were done for that day.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Gaurav Tomar

Day 13 - Last Day
    19/09 (Wed), Manali to Delhi

Nothing much to write on this day but unusually it took approx 18 hours to reach home due to frequent disruptions majorly between Manali to Mandi (100 kms in 5 hours).

That is how another memorable trip got over with beautiful memories, hope you enjoyed the long read.

Many thanks to my travel partners and Vaayu for all the pain on bad patches.

Just finishing the log with regards, be safe and Happy Motoring - Dhanyavaad [​IMG]