Anti pollution mask

ssaajan m

Ah that happened with me too, I was putting on my mask upside down initially for 2 Days :p

You won't have too much of a fogging issue if you seal the mask properly around the nose. But, as you said, you will feel out of breath due to the lack of vents/nozzles. What also plays as a factor is whether the material is breathable or not.

tintin63

Guru
Ah that happened with me too, I was putting on my mask upside down initially for 2 Days :p

You won't have too much of a fogging issue if you seal the mask properly around the nose. But, as you said, you will feel out of breath due to the lack of vents/nozzles. What also plays as a factor is whether the material is breathable or not.
On the first day, I actually put it on without opening the flaps and thought it was useless since the nose wasn't even covered properly! :oops:
After wearing the mask for a week or so (wearing after opening the flaps), I'm probably getting used to it now. And yes the fogging issue is not an issue anymore.

There is a nozzle actually, covered with 3M material. The suffocation like feeling has gradually reduced.

Overall I can't clearly comment on the comfort part of it. The best way I can think of putting it is -
Is it comfortable? No
Can I put up with it, if it has benefits as claimed? Yes.

I ordered the 3M 9332+ disposable respirator from Amazon - cost me around 250 INR.

Things to keep in mind before you order:
1. If you have a full face helmet it may not fit inside. I have a MT Revenge and does not fit inside at all. My bad, I should have thought about this before I ordered. ](*,)
2. If you have facial hair (beard or moustache) it will not be 100% affective. I decided to test it out without a helmet. It did reduce the bad smells quite a bit - but when stationary at a traffic light you could smell the exhaust gases easily.

As it turns out, 3M recommends that people with facial hair do not use these sort of masks - maybe they have a different product for us.

I wear glasses, when using this without my helmet the glasses never fogged (even during light rain).

One last problem, when ordering individual masks you don't really get any instructions. So, you don't know when to throw it away.

All in all, a great product for clean shaven people with half face helmets. :mrgreen:

I made the mistake of not reading the spec sheet before ordering. You can have a look at it here:
http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?lmd=1400083937000&locale=en_WW&assetType=MMM_Image&assetId=1361798601153&blobAttribute=ImageFile

debu_champ

just purchased this one and used for 2 days for 1 hr biking to office and back each side:

Tdas Face mask for dust pollution for men women kids bike bikers air anti pollution dustproof mask washable reusable (Black): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

I use this helmet since last 1 year and the in built sun glass on at the day time most of the time. It's lower end coming down over the the upper end of the mask and somewhat forming a lock for the exhaled air to pass from the top edge of the mask. But it did not moisten.

Studds Shifter Helmet Military Green(XL): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike