Any Raw Therapee reviews ?

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Hi fellow BCMTians

Has anyone here used RawTherapee (RawTherapee Blog) for post processing ? It is an open source software and one of my friends who is a professional photographer was very impressed with this.
Any other users here? I currently have a monthly subscription of lightroom and if RawTherapee works as I have been told, I can do away with the monthly charges and switch.
I will be trying this myself in the next few days. Hopefully, I will be able to present my own point of view of the same in a few weeks.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Seems nice. But I doubt this would be a good replacement for anyone using the Lightroom. Adobe is pretty good at what it does and Lightroom file management as well as editing is excellent.
Yes, but we have an inherent property of being attracted to anything which is "free" :grin::grin::grin:
Will give it a try, but as you said moving away from a better organized and user friendly adobe product will be very hard.

adsatinder

explorer
Yes, but we have an inherent property of being attracted to anything which is "free" :grin::grin::grin:
Will give it a try, but as you said moving away from a better organized and user friendly adobe product will be very hard.
Google's Picasa is also similar.
Many other small softwares are there.
But Adobe is for good and better adjustments with images.
An ordinary image can become wallpaper with it.
LOL !

Check Yogesh ji 's images,
Seen many better changes in the years. It will improve with time.
Now he has wallpaper stuff mostly.

You will also reach there if you can do this constantly.
Your pics are good these days as seen in different threads.

I use basic tweaks in office picture manager also.

I do not feel the need of extra big software as I am not doing any pro level job.